About the Moot Court Competition
This year’s case has been drafted to test the knowledge, research aptitude and application of law by the participants in the field of laws regarding Industrial Disputes, Employment Laws, provisions governing Unmanned Aerial Vehicles and constitutional provisions governing Freedom of Trade under Article 19.
The competition is open for students who are studying LLB three year or five-year courses during the current academic year interested in Employment Law.
- Each team should consist of a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 3 members. This number cannot be modified under any circumstances.
- There shall be 2 speakers and 1 researcher designated for each team. The researcher shall be allowed to argue with the prior permission of the court and National Administrator in case of illness of the designated speakers.
Online registrations are open from 6th October 2021. The teams must register online by 14th February 2022. Teams will have to register online at www.moot.in
- Only 40 teams will be registered to participate in the competition on a first-come-first-serve basis
- No temporary registration requests will be entertained. Kindly refrain from sending such requests to Surana & Surana or SOL, Raffles University.
- Participants will receive an automated system generated acknowledgement on successful submission of registration. Participants will receive an approval as acceptance of their request for participation latest by 16th February 2022 or earlier.
Option 1: The Registration form cum Approval letter as provided in the rules duly signed & sealed by your university/college/moot society.
Option 2: Upload both (i) & (ii) together as a single PDF
The Registration form cum Approval letter (without seal & signature) as provided in the rules duly filled along with a Scanned copy of the authorization letter with a sign and seal from your university/college/moot society.
Email communication from the official id (to be filled as notification email id during the online registration process) of the institution, from your university/college/moot society to complete the registration process.
- Signatories on the registration form should be any of the following: Faculty-in-charge of MCA/MCS/MCC, Registrar, Dean, Principal, Director, Chancellor or Vice-Chancellor.
- Registration without the scanned copy of the approval letter/an email communication from the college/institution/university or duly attested registration form will not be valid.
- Soft copy of the registration and approval letter/ an email communication as a single PDF to be sent by email to: email@example.com marked as 4th SURANA & SURANA AND SCHOOL OF LAW, RAFFLES UNIVERSITY LABOUR LAW MOOT COURT COMPETITION REGISTRATION as the subject of
the mail latest by 21st February 2022.
- The provisional team code shall be allotted to the registered teams by Host University soon after receiving of registration particulars along with the registration fee.
A registration fee of Rs. 1500/- is to be paid online by 16th February 2022 to:
- Bank Name: YES BANK LTD
- Branch: NEEMRANA – 301705
- Name: RAFFLES UNIVERSITY
- Account Number: 01319460000030
- IFSC: YESB0000131
- Swift Code: YESBINBB
Receipt of the online payment to be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The fee once paid will not be refunded.
In the event a team drops out of the competition or is disqualified the team next in line as per registration data (When the registration exceeds beyond the permitted 40 teams) will be offered the chance to participate in the competition at short notice.
Such teams will have to submit memorials to be eligible at least 3 days prior to the start of the competition.
- Winning Team: Cash Prize of Rs. 21,000/-
- Runner-up Team: Cash Prize of Rs. 11,000/-
- Best Memorial: Cash Prize of Rs. 5,100/-
- Best Speaker: Cash Prize of Rs. 5,100/-
Free Certificate Courses
- For the Members of the Winning Team: 100% Fee Waiver in one of the Courses by ‘Lawctopus Law School’ (3 coupons).
- The team has to avail the offer within 3 months.
- Winning Team: 1 Free Course of any choice up to INR 2200/- each by ‘Memo Pundits’ [Prize worth INR 6600/-]
- Runners-Up: INR 1500/- discount coupon on any one course of their choice each by ‘Memo Pundits’ [Prize worth INR 4500/-]
- The Best Researcher and Best Speaker: INR 1000/- discount by ‘Memo Pundits’ [Prize worth INR 2000/-]
- All the Participants: Moot Mentorship – 30% discount on moot mentorship after releasing the problem by ‘Memo Pundits’.
All the participants will be issued participation certificates.
Any clarifications for the competition can be sought from:
Regarding Queries on Case/Submission of Memorials/Accommodation/Transport/ etc:
- Mr. Arun Verma (HOD):
- Email ID: email@example.com
- Contact Number: +91-8077921962
- Convener: Ms. Sabiha Khan (Convener)
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Number: +91- 8954069567
Preetam Surana: Advocate & Head, Academic Initiatives Head (Admin), Litigation & Arbitration Practice, Surana & Surana International Attorneys
- E-mail ID: email@example.com
- Contact Number: 044 – 2812 0000 | Fax: 91 – 44 – 2812 0001
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.