About the Organiser
Accredited by NAAC with the grade A++, MM (DU) has built its goodwill as the best university of North India with a rich legacy of excellence in research, innovation and skill development.
About the Competition
The Department of Law, Maharishi Markandeshwar (Deemed to be) University, Mullana-Ambala has previously conducted National moot court competitions during the last four academic years and this year again the 5th edition of the same is being organized.
In the last edition of the MM National Moot court competition which was organized from 14.10.19 to 16.0.19, teams from across 23 different Law universities and colleges from all over the country participated.
Out of these 23 teams, the teams from GLC, Mumbai, and Jindal Global Law School, Sonipat reached the final round. Out of the two teams, the team from GLC, Mumb ai was declared as the winner.
This year due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the 5th MM NATIONAL (VIRTUAL) MOOT COURT COMPETITION-2022 will be conducted on April 11, 12 & 13, 2022 via virtual mode.
The Competition shall be open for
- Students, duly enrolled and are pursuing an integrated 5years or 3 years Law Program in India from an institution recognized by the Bar Council of India.
- Students enrolled and pursuing a post-graduate diploma or short-term certificate courses in law are not eligible to apply.
- Students from any university/ Institute not recognized by the Bar Council of India to impart a Law degree are not eligible to apply.
How to Register?
- All interested teams shall, first, register themselves by filling the Registration Form latest by 28th February 2022 11:59 PM by clicking here.
- The receipt of the form shall be acknowledged by the institute within 48 hours of submission via mail.
- On receipt of acknowledgment by a team, the team shall have to make the payment of registration fees amounting to INR 1,000/- (non-refundable) within 48 hours of the receipt of the acknowledgment and the payment confirmation of same has to be sent on the Official Email Id (by attaching a screenshot of the payment confirmation in the mail). Non-Payment of registration fees within the stipulated time may lead to cancellation of registration.
- Registration of a team shall be confirmed only after the receipt of payment by the Organizers.
- After the successful payment, the confirmation of registration shall be conveyed to the teams via mail which shall also mention the team code allotted to the teams. During the competition teams shall be identified by the team code allotted to them.
- Teams shall not disclose their identity whatsoever, i.e. names of team members, name of their institution, city, etc. or any other information which has the effect of disclosing their identity and affiliation with a particular institution, except in the registration form, during the Competition. Any such disclosure shall invite strict penalty including disqualification. The decision for the same shall be at the discretion of the Organizers.
Fee Details (if any)
Mode of payment of the registration fees shall be via Bank Transfer and is to be made to the following account:
- Bank: Punjab National Bank, Mullana-Ambala
- Account Name: MM (Deemed to be University) Mullana-Ambala
- Account No.: 51821131000790
- IFSC: PUNB0518210
- Last date of Registration: March 22nd 2022, 11:59 PM.
- Last date for seeking clarification: March 25th, 2022
- Last date of submission of soft copy of memorials: April 9th, 2022, 11:59 PM.
- Last date of submission of hard copy of memorials, registration and travel form: April 12th, 2022
- 5th National Moot Court Competition, 2022: April 19th – 21st, 2022
- Ms. Poonam Lamba: +91-9817632224
- Ms. Sujata Dahiya: +91- 8168199243
- Ms. Divya Chugh: +91- 9588334338
- Ms. Vandana Bakshi: +91-7456855003
- Ms. Shruti Pundir: +91-9418058701
- Parth Goel: +91-8295951114
- Apoorva Bhalla: +91-8708294100
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.