About Gautam Buddha University
Gautam Buddha University, established by the Uttar Pradesh Act (9) of 2002, commenced its first academic session at its 511 acres lush green campus at Greater Noida in August 2008. The University is recognized by the University Grants Commission under UGC Act and is a member of the Association of Indian Universities.
General Rules of PN Mathur National Moot Court Competition
- The PN Mathur National Moot Court Competition is open to all bona fide regular students enrolled in any undergraduate law course or its equivalent in any University or Institute within or outside India recognized by the Bar Council or State Government or Central Government as the case may be.
- Each team shall comprise three members i.e. two speakers and one researcher. A team may also be comprised of two members i.e. two speakers only. The composition of the team shall not be changed once a team has registered under any circumstances whatsoever.
- The members of the team must be designated as either ‘Speaker’ or ‘Researcher’ and such designation shall be conveyed to the Administrators at the time of registration. No researcher under any circumstances shall be allowed to present any arguments during the Oral Rounds.
- Changes in the aforementioned designations shall not be made without a request by the responsible Faculty in Charge or Head of the Institution or Department of the Team seeking such change, as the case may be.
- The discretion to allow or disallow such change shall solely rest with the administrators depending upon the reasonability of the cause shown, stage of the Competition, and compliance with the aforementioned rules.
- No additional member or team coach besides the three or two members, as the case may be, shall be recognized as a participant and be allowed to attend the Oral Rounds.
- Due to the pandemic, the organizers are unsure whether the event will be offline or online. If the situation allows it will be organized offline otherwise it will be conducted online.
- Note: In the case of online mode, your additional accommodation fees will be refunded to your respective bank accounts.
How to register?
- Interested teams are required to register by sending the following information latest by December 31, 2021, through e-mail with the subject “Registration- GBU National Moot Court Competition” at email@example.com :
- Name of the Institution or University
- Correspondence of Institution or University
- Details of Participants:
- Speaker 1: Full Name, Contact, E-mail
- Speaker 2: Full Name, Contact, E-mail
- Researcher: Full Name, Contact, E-mail iv. Duly filled Registration Form
- Registration Fee:
- For each participating team consisting of 3 members (500 each participant for accommodation): Rs 1500/-
- Total: Rs. 3,000/- to be submitted through Demand Draft, Cheque, or online mode.
- The teams for registration are required to send a scanned copy of the Registration Form (PDF Format Only) duly signed and sealed by the Head of the Institution or Department along with the scanned copy of Demand Draft or Cheque drawn in favour of “Gautam Buddha University” latest by January 5, 2022, on firstname.lastname@example.org
- The teams are required to send the hard copies of the registration form along with payment by way of Any Online mode via post or by hand to the Administrators latest by January 10, 2022, on the following correspondence:
The Dean (I/C),
School of Law, Justice, and Governance, Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida
- The receipt of hard copies of the Registration Form along with the payment to the aforementioned address only shall confirm the participation of a team in the competition.
- An acknowledgement of the receipt of required documents shall be mailed to the respective Team Members and concerned Faculty along with Team Code Number.
- Communication with any one of the Team Members shall be deemed to be communication to the entire team for the purposes of this Competition.
- The administrators shall not be responsible for any error or discrepancies in the details and the Registration Form, in which case the details given in the latter shall prevail.
Payment mode can be NEFT/RTGS/Google Pay/PhonePe/PayTM/UPI Transfer/BHIM in favour of Gautam Buddha University
- Bank Name: Punjab National Bank
- Bank Branch: GBU, Greater Noida
- Account Number: 6660000100000025
- IFSC Code: PUNB0666000
NOTE: Please attach the screenshot and transaction ID in the registration form.
- Last Date for Registration: December 31, 2021
- Last Date for the Submission of Memorial: January 15, 2022
- Last Date for sending the hard copies of Memorial: January 20, 2022
- Last Date for seeking clarifications: January 10, 2022
- Orientation & Draw of Lots for the Preliminary Rounds: February 4, 2022
- Preliminary Rounds: February 5, 2022
- Quarter-Finals: February 5, 2022
- Semi-Finals & Final Round: February 6, 2022
- Best Team: Rs. 25,000
- Runner up: Rs. 20,000
- Best Speaker: Rs. 5,000
- Best Memorial: Rs. 5,000
- Best Speaker: Rs. 5,000
- Milind Saraswat (email@example.com): 9582221184
- Yatharth Chauhan (firstname.lastname@example.org): 9319775120