About the Organiser
Established in 1971, Surana & Surana International Attorneys has been dedicated to providing quick relief to clients and is described as the “first choice” and the “go-to” firm for legal advice in South India. Consistently ranked among the top law firms of India since 1998 by national and international publications and clients, the firm provides legal services like litigation, corporate, IPR, Real Estate, infrastructure, Tax and Banking & Finance.
The Army Institute of Law (AIL) was established in July 1999 by the Indian Army under the aegis of the Army Welfare Education Society (AWES) at its interim location at Patiala. The Institute is affiliated to the Punjabi University, Patiala and approved by the Bar Council of India. With ‘Aspire & Achieve’ as its motto, the Institute has grown as a Centre of Excellence in the field of legal education.
About the Competition
The moot will be judged by legal luminaries who have expertise in the legal issues stated in the moot problem. Participation is open for students who are pursuing LLB three year / five-year course during the current academic year.
The competition is scheduled to be held from 10th – 12th March 2022, on a virtual platform.
- Winning team: Rs. 24000
- Runner up team: Rs. 15000
- Best Memorial: Rs. 12000
- Best Student Advocate: Rs. 7000
Note: In addition to the above awards, plaques and certificates will be given to other categories of winners. All participants will be awarded participation certificates.
- Each team should consist of a minimum of 2 and maximum of 3 members. This number cannot be modified under any circumstances.
- There shall be 2 speakers and 1 researcher designated for each team. The researcher shall be allowed to argue with prior permission of the court and National Administrator in case of illness of the designated speakers.
- Each team will be provided a team code prior to the submission of memorials via e- mail.
- This team code is only for the memorials. Teams should not disclose the identity of their institution in their memorials; such disclosure shall invite penalties including disqualification.
- The decision for the same shall be at the discretion of the National Administrator.
- A scanned copy of the letter from the participating college/institution/university duly signed by any one of the following:- Faculty-in-charge of MCS / MCA, Registrar, Principal, Dean, Director, Chancellor or Vice-Chancellor confirming the names of the participants, Year / in which semester/year of study, representing the college/institution/university for the moot competition will have to be attached during the online registration process.
- Registrations without the scanned copy of the approval letter from the college/institution/ university or duly attested registration form will not be valid.
- A registration fee of Rs. 2,500/- is to be paid online by 23rd February 2022, at the link given below.
- Receipt of the Online Payment, Soft Copy of the Registration particulars & Approval letter are to be sent via e-mail to email@example.com with the subject line “3rd SURANA & SURANA and AIL NATIONAL FAMILY LAW MOOT REGISTRATION” latest by 24th February 2022.
- Commencement of Online Registration – 11th Feb 2022
- Last date for Online Registration – 23rd February 2022 by 11:59 PM (2359 Hrs)
- Last date for receiving soft copies of Reg. Form / Approval letter and online payment Receipt – 24th Feb 2022
- Last date for seeking clarifications of Problem – 26th February 2022
- Last Date for Submission of Memorials (Soft Copy) – 5th March 2022 by 11:59 PM (2359 Hrs)
- The Draw of Lots, Registration, Orientation, Exchange of Memorials & Preliminary Round I – 10th March 2022
- Oral Rounds: Preliminary Round II, Octa-Finals, Quarter finals – 11th March 2022
- Advanced Oral Rounds: Semifinals, Finals- 12th March 2022
- Valediction & Prize distribution – 12th March 2022
- E-mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dilisha Dileep Nair: + 91 98185 19686
- Devyang Bahri: +91 79867 84257
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.