About the Competition
The ADR Committee of ILNU has been trying to push the limits to educate the upcoming generation of legal professionals to comprehend the value of Alternative Dispute Resolution Mechanisms in this fast-paced era.
This competition is an integral part of the same effort and is designed to Foster the Practice of Mediation for effective dispute resolution by way of its application to a problem that bears relevance to the global scenario and to train students in the methods of alternative dispute resolution.
The Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee (ADRC) was constituted as an extended arm of the Academic Committee to promote interest in ADR methods given its current relevance to the legal profession.
The Committee was established in 2016 as an initiative to develop a culture of ADR in ILNU that enables skill-development and helps us compete at the national and international level. The Committee is particularly oriented to ensure professional competence among the budding lawyers, inculcating Negotiation and Mediation skills.
In pursuance of the same, the committee focuses on conducting various workshops, seminars and mentorship programs for promoting ADR skills in all the students.
- Provisional Registrations open: January 24, 2022
- Provisional Registrations close: February 5, 2022
- Announcement of shortlisted teams: February 6, 2022
- Final registrations by teams: February 12, 2022
- Release of problems: February 20, 2022
- Last date to submit clarifications: February 23, 2022
- Release of clarifications: February 26, 2022
- Training session: March 10, 2022
- Opening Ceremony and Preliminary Round: March 11, 2022
- Quarter Finals and Semifinals: March 12, 2022
- Finals and Valedictory Ceremony: March 13, 2022
Eligibility for the Competition
Students must be enrolled in a five-year integrated undergraduate law programme or any other form of Bachelor’s degree in law (LLB, BCL, JD or equivalent).
Students with practical experience of mediation outside their university are not eligible to participate as a mediator or a negotiator.
The Universities shall be shortlisted after provisional registration based on their ADR inclinations and past ADR experiences.
- Rs. 4500 for Indian Teams
- USD 65 for Foreign Teams
Awards for the Best Performing Teams
- Best Negotiating Team
- Runner up Negotiating Team
- Best Mediator
- Runner’s Up Mediator
- Divyansh Bhargava (Chairperson, Convenor): +91-8949935056
- Nancy Patel (Secretary, Co-Convenor): +91-9328846939
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.