Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Their expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. They’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979. The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
About the job
The Legal Counsel will be responsible to handle a wide range of legal issues affecting the company, among them contracting, compliance, ethics, policy and regulatory matters. The ideal candidate will be responsible for in-house legal matters including drafting agreements, addressing compliance issues, and participating in external negotiation discussions, giving practical & implementable solutions to stakeholders and addressing compliance issues. To succeed, this candidate should feel comfortable working with global business units, global legal team colleagues, clients and third parties on a variety of legal matters.
- Give accurate and timely guidance to internal and external business stakeholders including advising on key risks and strategies.
- Draft, review, negotiate and finalise contracts with clients and third parties.
- Support Sales and Conference teams in Client negotiations, Requests for Quotes (RFQ), Requests for Proposals (RFP) and other forms of solicitations for Gartner services along with supporting Procurement for Gartner’s regional purchases/commercial agreements; drafting, preparing, communicating and negotiating exceptions to proposed contract terms within corporate guidelines, where applicable, and assisting ancillary information requests related to contractual and business matters.
- Maintain repository of agreements by effective and efficient data records management through CLM tool.
- Streamline communications between stakeholders (internal and external).
- Handle real estate matters including drafting & negotiating leases, rent agreements, maintenance agreements etc.
- Work with Gartner’s Pricing, Finance and Deal Hub Teams to support in the development of price proposals for Gartner agreements.
- Support Legal team in all global, regional and local initiatives and assignments including mergers & acquisitions, data protection, cyber security etc.
- Handle ethics and compliance matters including review of policies & resource centers and assisting in investigations.
- Conduct legal and compliance trainings as and when required with the aim of creating awareness and equipping employees in understating policies and regulatory requirements.
- Keep track of changes in laws applicable to Gartner and preparing internal updates for the same.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law.
- 5-7 years’ PQE negotiating contracts with client legal & procurements departments.
- Relevant experience in a previous US MNC will be preferable, though not mandatory.
- Experience in handling mergers, real estate and data privacy matters will be an added advantage.
- Outstanding analytical and communications (written and verbal) skills.
- Excellent negotiation and drafting skills developed in a sales driven environment.
- Experience with C-level executives for addressing difficult compliance concerns.
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results, and a no-limits mind-set are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance-based recognition and rewards
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.
For regular updates on more opportunities, we can catch up at-