Clarivate’s Legal, Risk and Compliance Group is an integral part of the Company, and the team members support wide-ranging areas of work including supporting strategic and business-critical initiatives. Clarivate is experiencing significant growth and the LRC Group is looking to add a team member in India in a full-time role. They want you onboard to help them and have a real stake in our success, now and in the future.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Associate General Counsel (based in United States), the Legal Counsel will be based in India and will be a key member of a highly respected global Legal, Risk and Compliance Group, with team members located in the US, UK and across APAC. In this role you will be responsible for supporting the legal function in a fast-paced atmosphere. You will be responsible for supporting global teams on all types of legal, contractual and regulatory issues. You will also be a trusted advisor to various teams supporting strategic projects and developing risk mitigation strategies.
- Support the business as an integral part of the Legal team
- Review, draft, advise and negotiate a wide range of agreements with customers, vendors, partners, content providers, agents, distributors, resellers and other third parties, including data licenses, software and intellectual property licenses, and other complex commercial agreements
- Review and advise on customer RFPs and tenders, identify legal issues and help prepare proposals (including licensing agreements)
- Research and respond to general legal inquiries from in-house clients that relate to matters like local regulatory issues, partnerships, content and software licensing, litigation, privacy, intellectual property, real estate and corporate and compliance matters
- Participate in the development of internal legal and contracts training, including conducting live training
- Collaborate with colleagues globally to provide day-to-day legal support and guidance
- Assist with tracking law updates and support relevant implementation action
- Qualified lawyer registered with the Bar Council of India with at least 4 years of post-qualification experience
- Prior in-house legal experience working in a fast-paced global organization
- Experience in supporting management and resolution of day-to-day corporate, commercial, labour, employment issues and related legal risks
- Experience in drafting, reviewing, and negotiating various commercial contracts and agreements, including customer, vendor and partner agreements
- Staying up-to-date with changes to legislation, particularly in relation to laws, rules and regulations that directly affect the corporate structure, our business and specific industry
- Experience in liaising with senior members of staff
- Experience in supporting the successful implementation of group-level corporate projects, including audits
- Ability to work under pressure, tight deadlines, and a can-do attitude
- Attention to detail is critical; professionalism and customer-centricity are a must
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and influence senior stakeholders globally
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a track record of building relationships and effective partnerships across constituencies and with outside counsels, regulators and other stakeholders
- A team player and collaborator
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.
For regular updates on more opportunities, we can catch up at-