Xiaomi was founded in 2010 by serial entrepreneur Lei Jun, who believes that high-quality technology doesn’t need to cost a fortune. We create remarkable hardware, software, and internet services for and with the help of our Mi fans. Every company has a mission. Ours is to bring ‘Innovation for Everyone’.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The candidate will be responsible for:
· Handling legal matters relating to telecom, media, technology, marketing, content licensing, data protection, privacy, e-commerce and intermediaries.
· Structuring deals and transactions relating to any and/or all of the above functions.
· Drafting and reviewing a host of agreements including advertising, marketing, endorsement, IP licensing, data transfer, non-disclosure, and other commercial and technology-related agreements.
· Responding to notices and liaising with and managing government, statutory, regulatory and/or quasi-judicial authorities as and when required.
· Advising on impact and consequences of new laws and regulations affecting Xiaomi’s businesses.
· Advising business and commercial teams on new business models by highlighting the potential legal issues, risks, and working with them to develop and implement appropriate risk-mitigation strategies.
· Advising the business teams on strategizing and resolving legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, potential disputes and addressing any government enquires.
· Prioritizing and judging what matter should be handled internally or by outside counsels and managing the external counsels effectively.
· Providing strategic and practical legal advice to the business teams of the company as and when required. Ability to break down complex legal issues for the business and commercial teams to understand the associated risks and make correct informed decisions.
Designation: Legal Counsel
No. of Positions: 1
Skills and Qualifications:
· LL.B. Degree from a recognized university in India.
· 3-5 years of experience.
· Transaction experience in commercial and corporate contracts mandatory.
. Preferred experience in technology and IP laws as an in-house counsel or as a part of a law firm.
· Ability to work efficiently and proactively on multiple projects under tight deadlines while maintaining a commitment to quality.
· Strong verbal and analytical skills, interpersonal skills and cross-cultural skills.
· Good language and drafting skills.
· Solid business acumen and willingness to work in an unstructured working environment and ability to interact comfortably with business and management persons.
· Strategic legal thinking and capable of arriving at practical legal solutions
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.
For regular updates on more opportunities, we can catch up at-