UPES, Dehradun is organizing an International Legal Conference on Advance Technologies, Security & Society, through virtual mode on November 27, 2022.
Recent years have seen an increase in scholarship focused on technology law and policy. This conference recognizes the need for a dedicated forum for legal and interdisciplinary scholars. Providing a platform in the growing field of law and technology to discourse workshop papers, research ideas, and pedagogical approaches.
Prospective authors are kindly encouraged to contribute to and help shape the conference through submissions of their research papers. High-quality research contributions describing original and unpublished results of conceptual, constructive, empirical, experimental, or theoretical work in all areas of Technology and Law is cordially invited for presentation at the conference.
Reimagining legal order in the Changing Paradigm of Advanced Technologies, Security, & Society:
- Contours of Private Data, Personal Data, and Public Data;
- Effectiveness of the concept of Data Neutrality;
- Data Privacy Concerns in the age of big data mining;
- Effective Information Management processes for data stakeholders and regulations;
- Balancing Privacy and Surveillance mechanisms for data utility;
- Government collection of data for purposes including Biometric enabled cards or services;
- Global heatwave on data privacy regulations and the Indian approach through the PDP Bill;
- Legal Issues arising in the Internet Space and Social Media;
- Social Media Expression on Internet;
- The legitimacy of the Internet Movements;
- Internet Access in the New Age and Human Rights violations;
- Modern Warfare Systems and the changes needed in International Humanitarian Law;
- Technological measures for data security; and
- Any other topics related to the themes.
International Legal Conference on Advanced Technologies, Security, & Society is open for academicians, researchers, practitioners, and professionals otherwise engaged in the relevant sectors as well as interested learners and students.
It aims to serve as a platform for a healthy discussion and exchange of ideas related to the role of regularisation of advanced technologies, security, and society in contemporary times.
- The manuscript should be in .doc/.docx format.
- The cover page should contain the details of the author/co-author, viz. name, designation, name of the organization/institution associated with, email address, and contact number. Co-authorship is permitted with the upper limit on the number of co-authors being two (2).
- The second page should contain the title of the manuscript and it should be followed by the rest of the paper. No details of the author/authors should be mentioned anywhere (except for the cover page) for the purpose of blind peer review.
- The manuscript should be in a single-column layout with margins measuring 2.54 cm on all sides.
- All text in the manuscript should be in Times New Roman font with 1.5 line spacing.
- The heading (title) should be in size 14, bold, and left-aligned.
- Subheadings should be in size 12, bold, and left-aligned.
- The main body of the text should be in size 12 and justified.
- Bluebook 20 th Edition method of citation should be used in the manuscript. Footnotes should be in Times New Roman font, size 10, justified, and with 1.0 line spacing.
- All submissions should contain an abstract of not more than 300 words along with 5 keywords.
- The word count of the manuscript should be between 3500 to 4000 (excluding footnotes).
- Papers found to be plagiarised shall be summarily rejected.
- Publishing rights remain with the authors. Only original and unpublished manuscripts will be accepted.
- Acceptance of abstracts will be on a rolling basis up to the final date of abstract submission (as stipulated below).
- Click here to submit the abstract.
- Click here to register as attendees/delegates.
- There is no registration or submission fee.
- Last Date for Abstract Submission: October 15, 2022
- Last Date for Final Paper Submission: October 30, 2022
- Last Date of Registration: November 05, 2022
- Conference Date: November 27, 2022
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.