About the Organizing University
Located in the lap of nature, the Career Point University was established by Government of Himachal Pradesh Act No 12 of 2012 under Sec 2(f) of UGC Act 1956. The University is recognized by UGC and is a member of AIU.
SLSG: The School of Legal Studies and Governance was set up in 2014 with BALLB program. Later the School took a leap by starting LLM and PhD programs.
About the Judgment Writing Competition 2022
School of Legal Studies and Governance, Career Point University Hamirpur (H.P) Organizing the 3rd Online Judgment Writing Competition, 2022.
The Judgment writing competition entails to capture the art of decision making in budding lawyers aspiring to join the reputed judicial services and to unfold the dynamic role of the Judges in relation to society.
The judgment writing competition involves a comprehensive approach towards law in terms of theory and implication of law. The legal arguments on facts and situation with legal precedents and reasoning pave way for judgment writing. This shall be an online event.
Rules & Regulations
Guidelines and essential information for the Online Judgment Writing Competition- 2022 are as under:
|Last Date of Registration||April 15, 2022|
|Last Date for Queries regarding Rules of the Competition||April 15, 2022|
|Releasing of Individual Codes||April 19, 2022|
|Last Date for Submission of the Soft Copies||April 21, 2022|
|Results||April 25, 2022|
Note: Kindly note that the timeline is tentative and subject to change.
- The submission is open to all Law Students registered in Graduate/Post Graduate Course in any Institution/ College/ University.
- The students can register themselves as a team of 2 or may also seek single registration.
- There is no restriction on the number of entries from any college or university.
- The participants shall write a single opinion. Multiple opinions/dissenting opinions are not allowed.
- Language: The language for writing the judgment shall be in English only.
- Word limit: Maximum of 5000 words (including foot notes).
- Main Text: Times New Roman, font size 12, double spacing, justified, with a margin of an inch on all sides.
- Footnotes: Times New Roman, font size 10. Substantive footnotes are accepted.
- Citation Mode: Any uniform method of citation is allowed.
- Page numbers must be at the bottom center.
- A cover page stating the name of the competition, the name of participant’s institution and the names of student author, with the signature of student author.
- Only single author is permitted.
- The Judgment Writing shall begin on the next page. The first page of Judgment must contain Team Code, Name of the Court, Title, Number of the Case, Date of Delivery of Judgment, Nature of the Case (Civil/Criminal/Writ).
- Do not state any matter in the judgment (except the cover page) that might reveal your identity or of your institution.
- All the Judgments must be saved and sent as PDF file. The title of the file must be in the following format CPUH_JWC_ TEAM CODE.
- The participants who register for the event shall be provided with a Unique Registration Code which shall be used for all further communication and submission of the write-up.
- The write-ups shall have no plagiarism and should be the original work of the participants.
- The write-up must be submitted in both Microsoft Word and PDF format.
- The write-up must be sending on Google form link. (The link will be shared on 19 April 2022 by E-Mail)
|Arrangement of Facts||5 marks|
|Issues Addressed||10 Marks|
|Knowledge and Use of Legal Principles||20 Marks|
|Precedents Used||5 Marks|
|Format and Language||5 Marks|
|Style of Writing||5 Marks|
How to Register?
Fee: Registration Fee: Rs.1500 /- For Single Author (Non-Refundable)
The participation fee is payable by the participants through Online Payment (NEFT/IMPS) (Kindly keep the copy of transaction safely and mentioned the same with registration form)
- Name of the Bank: Punjab National Bank
- Bank Branch: Kharwar
- Name of the Account Holder/ Name of Payee: Chairman Conferences, Career Point University, Hamirpur (HP)
- Bank Account Number: 2993000101041956
- IFS CODE: PUNB0299300
- 1st Prize: Certificate of Excellence+ Cash Prize
- 2nd Prize: Certificate of Excellence+ Cash Prize
Decision: The decision of the jury shall be final and binding.
The decision of the Organizing Committee shall be binding in the interpretation of any rules or for any query or otherwise.
Mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Call at 8628086166
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.