Lucknow University Moot Court Association is conducting the 1st Dr Shankar Dayal Sharma Memorial National Online Judgment Writing Competition.
Founded in 1867, Lucknow University is one of the oldest institutions of Indian higher education. It is affiliated with University Grants Commission; Association of Commonwealth Universities; Association of Indian Universities; Distance Education Council; National Assessment and Accreditation Council; National Council of Teacher Education and Bar Council of India.
The following are the detailed rules and regulations of this Competition. Any deviation from the same shall result in immediate disqualification. Further, the University of Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh has full rights reserved to modify and cancel any rules as it deems fit to the situation at any time in due course of the competition and the decision of the Organising Committee shall stand final.
- All students pursuing 3 years or 5-year L.L.B. courses or L.L.M. courses from a recognized Law School, University or Institution in India shall be eligible to participate.
- Single author or Co-Authorship up to 2 authors shall be permitted. Authors may belong to the same or different Law School, University or Institution in India.
- There is no restriction on the number of entries from any Law School, University or Institution in India.
- A team of single or two authors will be considered eligible to participate only if the registration is completed on or before 21st September, 2022 (23:59 Hours IST).
- Interested candidates must register through the link available at the end of the post.
- The payment reference number and date of payment along with the Screenshot have to be inserted in the registration form and only then will the registration be deemed to be complete.
- Scanned copies of Identity cards must be attached to the registration form.
- Registration fees once paid are neither refundable nor non-transferable.
- Any change in authorship will not be entertained after submission of the registration form unless the Organising Committee notices an exceptional circumstance.
- The soft copy of Judgment should be mailed to the e-mail of the Organising Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The manuscript submitted must be an original work of the author(s) and must not have been submitted or published elsewhere. Any sort of plagiarism shall amount to a penalty.
- Word Limit is 3500-5000 words (exclusive of footnotes).
- The manuscript must not disclose the identity of the author(s)(e.g. name, institution, etc.)
- The cover page of the manuscript shall mention the team code at the top right corner.
- The manuscript shall be submitted in MS Word format & PDF format.
- The name of the file shall be like the example, where ‘01’ is the allotted team code. For example: JudgementSubmission01.docx; JudgementSubmission01.pdf.
- Penalties for late submission are as below:
- For every Six hours of delay in submission from the prescribed time of submission, one mark shall be deducted. Max. up to 4 (Four marks).
- The language for writing the judgement shall be in ENGLISH only.
- The author(s) shall strictly adhere to the 19th Bluebook Citation. Any citation found contrary shall amount to a penalty.
- The manuscript shall be in A4 Layout with 1.5 line spacing, Margin-1 and justified.
- Headings: Times New Roman, Size – 14, Bold.
- Main body: Times New Roman, Size – 12.
- Footnotes: Times New Roman, Size – 10, Line Spacing 1.5 and justified.
- Page numbers – bottom centre The first page of the Judgement must contain the Team Code, Name of the Court, Title, Number of the Case, Date of Delivery of Judgement, and Nature of the Case (Civil/Criminal/Writ).
- Registration Deadline – September 21, 2022
- Payment Deadline – September 21, 2022
- Last date to seek clarification – September 23, 2022
- Release of clarification – September 25, 2022
- Submission Deadline – October 8, 2022
- Declaration of results – October 13, 2022
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.