About the Companyjo
Korn Ferry is a global organizational consulting firm. We work with clients to design their organizational structures, roles and responsibilities. We help them hire the right people and advise them on how to reward, develop and motivate their workforce. And, we help professionals navigate and advance their careers.
Our 8,600 colleagues serve clients in more than 50 countries. We offer five core solutions:
- Organizational Strategy
- Assessment and Succession
- Talent Acquisition
- Leadership Development
- Rewards and Benefits
This position is for our client,HPE based in Bangalore.
We are looking for a highly motivated, team player to be a part of an exciting team of attorneys passionate about the intersection of open source, IP, and future technologies. You will be part of the Open Source Program Office (OSPO) team and work with key stakeholders to help manage significant and complex open source licensing matters and advise various business units globally on open source/IP legal risk to ensure compliance. The position will cover a wide range of areas in open source, including but not limited to open source licensing approvals, reviewing Bill of Materials (BoMs), conducting M&A open source due diligence, counseling BU teams on open source legal matters, and assisting the broader team in open source strategy and governance.
- Review open source downstream and upstream proposals, working closely with Engineering and Legal teams
- Advise BU teams on technology-specific open source licensing legal matters
- Support and conduct Mergers and Acquisition open source due diligence
- Provide advice and negotiate open source terms in technology and commercial transactions
- Promote awareness by conducting internal training on open source software-related concepts
- Collaborate and associate with engineers and project managers on open source questions
- Assist the broader team in open source policy-linked documentation
- Help adapt the review process to meet dynamic changes in the industry
- Advanced university degree in law (e.g. JD or LLB).
- Meets local legal license requirements.
- Typically 3-7 years of IP/open source legal experience at a law firm or in-house. Well-developed level of business experience supporting clients or advising on legal matters.
- Working knowledge of open source licensing and intellectual property concepts.
- General breadth of practical legal and business knowledge, as well as in-depth knowledge in one or more practice areas.
- Good knowledge of IP laws, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Demonstrated understanding of legal negotiation or counseling.
- Effective legal communication skills (written, verbal, active listening).
- English language skills to business standard
- Background in Computer Science, Engineering, or another related technical field (this experience is a plus)
How to Apply-
If this sounds interesting and you have the required skills, send in your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For regular updates, join us: