JPMorgan Chase & Co
(NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com . The JPMorgan Chase Legal Department is responsible for providing legal services to the firm.
About the Centre of Excellence
. The Centre of Excellence, Legal Team ( COE ) is the offshore legal support to JPMorgan legal teams globally supporting various lines of business (LoB). COE is an in-house dynamic team which can cater to any of the different banking and/or Investment Banking LoB’s needs at any given point of time with respect to the respective LoB’s product and its related documentation/agreements. For this reason, COE is the biggest legal team on ground with expertise in using various automation, management and other extraction tools for effective and timely delivery of any requests received or projects coming its way.
The successful candidate must have strong analytical and collaborative skills, be able to work independently as well as collaboratively within the team and be a true \”self-starter.\”
Primary Responsibilities will include : –
- Providing legal analysis and support on legal projects and documentation;
- Drafting and negotiation of corporate and commercial agreements (Strong technical knowledge in contracts is essential and knowledge of and experience with contract negotiations, confidentiality agreements, commercial contracts with strong attention to detail);
- Collaborate and support regional legal teams on global documentation or remediation projects; and
- Provide gap analysis and summary of transaction and client specific deviations in negotiated agreements from standardized templates or against playbooks and policy manuals to identify discrepancies, escalation mechanisms and managing remediation exercises.
- Automation & Tech Assimilation:
- Assist in the development of legal project management tools, resources and technologies;
- Identifying potential projects/requests suitable for automation and work in tandem with the respective tech teams to provide tech solutions; and
- Act as Beta Testers for the automation tools and assist in moving it along the queue from inception stage to production stage.
Qualifications For The Role
- A law graduate from a premier law school in India;
- 2-4 Years PQE;
- Superior communication skills and be able to work comfortably with business and management teams;
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively at a local, regional and global level;
- Competency in the use of technology, documentation management systems and shared databases will be viewed favorably;
- Able to communicate well and work in a cross-functional team to achieve common goals;
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills;
- Ability to identify and escalate issues timely and appropriately;
- Comfortable working with metrics and data measurement systems; and
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and within tight deadlines.
Conflicts Of Interest
All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.
Qualifications : JD or educational equivalent required. Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs
How to Apply?
For regular updates, join us: