About the Organisation
Gujarat National Law University is a National Law University established under the Gujarat National Law University Act, 2003 in the state of Gujarat. The university is located at Gandhinagar, which is the capital of Gujarat and is located 23 kilometers north of the city of Ahmedabad.
About the Job
Gujarat National Law University is opening a job post of IPR Chair Professor: Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) IPR Chair.
This appointment is contractual for a period of maximum three years and first-year to be counted towards probation and subsequent extension on an annual basis depending upon the performance, not exceeding a total three years period including the first year of probation.
- Ph.D. in IPR or fields closely associated with IPR law.
- LL.M with at least 55% of marks in IPR Specialization (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
- Practiced as an IPR Attorney/worked with an IPR firm for at least 5 to 8 years.
- An academic/scholar of outstanding track record in the designated area of IPR and aligned area of studies.
- Retired Officials of IP Offices under CGPDTM having experience of 5 years of working at Grade Pay of ₹ 6,600/- or above (as Controller of Patent & Design or Registrar of Trademark & Geographical Indications or Registrar of Copyrights).
- Upto 70 years of age.
An outstanding professional with an established reputation in the field of IPR, who has made a significant contribution to knowledge in the field (to be substantiated by credentials).
- Teaching/Research experience for at least 3 years in premier law universities/colleges in the relevant areas.
- National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
- Ability to innovate and to improve research, training and extension activities or services and to pursue interesting new ideas and new methods in the field of IPR.
- Good knowledge of latest national and international research trends and developments in the relevant areas.
Attalika Avenue Knowledge Corridor, PDPU Rd, Koba, Gandhinagar, Gujarat 382426.
₹ 1,00,000/- (Consolidated)
The interested applicants are required to send their CV/Biodata/Resume at hr[at]gnlu.ac.in on or before Thursday, 10th September 2020. Upon receipt of the email, the detailed information related to the online interview will be provided to the shortlisted candidates.
The mode of the interview will be online through Cisco Webex Meetings.