Experian unlocks the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society.
During life’s big moments – from buying a home or car, to sending a child to college, to growing a business exponentially by connecting it with new customers – we empower consumers and our clients to manage data with confidence so they can maximize every opportunity.
We gather, analyse and process data in ways others can’t. We help individuals take financial control and access financial services, businesses make smarter decision and thrive, lenders lend more responsibly, and organizations prevent identity fraud and crime.
For more than 125 years, we’ve helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done.
Our 16,000 people in 37 countries believe the possibilities for you, and our world, are growing. We’re investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.
Bringing data to life requires creativity, passion, flexibility and expertise.
We want you to share in our success. That’s why we offer rewards that recognise great performance.
Working in a culture of collaboration, achievement and respect we will give you the support and encouragement you need to develop your skills and talents and progress your career.
Everyday our people bring enthusiasm, innovation and inspiration to work and if this sounds like you connect with us at Experian.
Read more at https://www.experianplc.com/careers/
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Our diverse workforce is part of the reason for our success. We want everyone to succeed, irrespective of their gender, ethnicity, sexuality, physical ability or age.
About the job
Experian unlocks the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. We gather, analyze and process data in ways others can’t. We help individuals take financial control and access financial services, businesses make smarter decision and thrive, lenders lend more responsibly, and organizations prevent identity fraud and crime. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done. Our 17,800 people in 45 countries believe the possibilities for you, and our world, are growing. We’re investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.
Experian is looking for a Head of Legal. An Inhouse counsel to lead the legal team in India. This is a Leadership role and requires the incumbent to serve as an advisor to senior management, product, business and cross-functional teams in India and Asia Pacific with regard to potential legal risks in India and ensure compliance with applicable laws.
What You Will Be Doing
- Agreements: Drafting, Vetting, Negotiations, Execution and Record Management.
- Legal Communications: Drafting key legal communications in response to Notices, Queries and Statutory Communications.
- Policies: Drafting of Policies and Guidelines for Internal and External Company requirements.
- Litigation: Collation of Case Details and Facts, Coordination with Advocates, Preparation of Responses and Litigation related documents and record management.
- Legal Opinion: Opinions on key Laws and Statutory requirements for Business and drafting of White Papers.
- Reporting: Routine report submissions to the RBI and submission of data on request of the RBI as per licensing norms and applicable provisions of Credit Information Companies Act, 2005, related rules and regulations.
- Regulatory Change Management: Evaluation and assessment of Impact of the changing regulatory landscape and ensure compliance with changing mandates to ensure compliance – operational and in business practices.
- Monitoring and Testing: Surprise and/or scheduled Audits on key areas of compliance like Operations, high Security Area and Information Security.
- RBI Interactions: Regular interactions with the Reserve Bank of India as primary regulator on Business Models, Regulatory framework, Draft guidelines and obtaining insights into regulatory expectations.
- Other Regulations: Periodic interactions with the other regulators or review of the regulations that apply to Clients to enable compliant business transactions and business opportunities.
- Regulatory Inspection and related closures.
What You’ll Need To Bring To The Party
- He / She will further have proven and successful experience creating departmental priorities that align strategic direction of the legal department and the overall business objectives.
- Proven experience in relationship management and a demonstrated ability to lead a legal team and develop talents that subsequently drive value across the business.
- Exceptionally good – clear communication of instructions and information down the line will significantly determine the performance and efficiency of the junior lawyers, hence, the legal department as a whole.
- Exceptionally good leadership skills having ability to influence cross-functional teams towards a unified direction along with the business’s senior leadership and relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to inspire trust and confidence in others who will then trust in his insights and judgements and readily follow in his directives.
- LLB or Post Graduate degree in Law from an accredited law school with at least 15 years of working experience in a Corporate legal environment.
- Ability to manage fast-paced, fast-evolving and dynamic environment, preferably working as a Senior Lawyer, and part of Senior Leadership teams, with multinational exposure.
- Proven track record of leading negotiations on complex, high value, contracts, and agreements.
- Ability to identify and remedy complex legal issues without inviting the services of external legal advice.
- demonstrable track-record producing effective and high-quality legal advice to departmental heads within a business, leading to enhanced integrity in both internal and external affairs.
- We’re a high-performance and driven team but we don’t forget to celebrate success
- We offer strong career and international opportunities for high performers
- We invest heavily in our products and our people
- We offer training and support from experienced subject matter experts and managers plus dedicated learning & development time.
Link to Apply
For regular updates, join us: