Would you like to be part of a public policy team that is driving the adoption of cloud computing in highly regulated industry verticals, with a focus on the financial and telecom sector, in India and SAARC. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading provider of cloud computing services, providing IT infrastructure offerings such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database services and more. The AWS Public Policy team is at the forefront of helping customers maximize the benefits of cloud computing by removing regulatory blockers to cloud adoption. We do this by working with governments as they develop and revise policies related to the digital economy, including cloud first policies, data protection regulations, outsourcing guidelines, cyber security policies and tax. This is particularly crucial for customers in regulated verticals, such as finance, energy and telecom.
We at Amazon Internet Services Pvt. Ltd (AISPL) are looking for a talented, innovative, and well-connected individual to represent AISPL in India before policymakers and key regulators in India. The successful candidate will proactively build relationships with key policymakers, IT decision makers and executives in the central government and other relevant organizations and help prioritize international, national, and state-level government public policy issues faced by AWS business line. They will address policy risks to the business as well as advance strategic business opportunities and initiatives in key market segments. This position will be AISPL’s representative on key industry associations and coalitions that are critical to advancing our public policy and business objectives. They will need to become familiar with all aspects of AWS business, and interface directly with business units across the country.
You will report to the India Policy lead for AWS Public Policy in AISPL and be based in Mumbai.
Key areas of focus:
- Analyze the regulatory environment, craft and effectively deliver a coordinated advocacy strategy thereby playing a pivotal role in catalyzing sustainable growth for the business.
- Assess and communicate regulatory threats and business opportunities, develop mitigation or enhancement strategies and policy positions, and coordinate external advocacy efforts, outreach programs and key initiatives in concert with the company’s objectives;
- Work collaboratively and transparently with the business units to ensure alignment between core business priorities, public policy goals and “go to market” strategies;
- Advance the company’s policy positions directly and through industry associations/coalitions to enable an unrestricted, transparent and technology friendly regulatory environment for the growth of AWS cloud Services;
- Facilitate high-level meetings between AISPL executives and key stakeholders, including senior government officials, regulators, industry associations and alliance partners to promote and advocate the company’s public policies;
- Contribute to Public Policy and advocacy activity within company, which will include coordinating and drafting responses to public consultation papers, position papers and speaking notes for Company representation in conferences, panels, round tables etc.
- Participate and contribute to membership opportunities in industry associations/coalitions on behalf of the company, and ensure appropriate utilization of high judgment, high integrity outside consultants.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in a relevant discipline (Law, Political Science, Public Policy, etc.).
- 12+ years of experience representing a large company or association, preferably in the financial services sector, before national and local policymakers and the FS regulators.
- Proficient in English and Hindi.
- Strong knowledge of information technology-related (IT) advocacy issues as they apply to the financial and telecom industry vertical such as security, data protection and health data governance, cross-border data flows, regulatory risk and compliance, Internet access, procurement, among others.
- The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
- Highly effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact at highest corporate, political and educational institution levels.
- Maintain highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality and integrity, with a strong professional reputation in the industry.
- Self-starter with proven track record of successfully working with a wide array of functional groups across an organization and cultures as well as working independently.
- Ability to identify and understand key technical aspects pertaining to corporate operations in legislative and regulatory proposals, understand business implications, and synthesize policy documents for internal and external customers.
- Ability to influence, negotiate with, and persuade others is required. Must be flexible and demonstrate strong judgment/decision-making skills, and political acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to build and foster effective relationships and networks with others.
- Knowledge of additional official Indian languages would be an asset.
- An advanced degree is preferred.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com
For regular updates, join us: