Zetwerk is a global manufacturing network that maximizes efficiency, quality and value. Its manufacturing capabilities help customers reduce costs of existing and new production parts, minimize the number of suppliers and execute production faster. Founded in December 2017, Zetwerk helps take digital designs into physical manifestations, from simple items like pipes to complex products like aircraft engine parts at its captive and partner facilities. With a virtually unlimited range of production capacities and capabilities, Zetwerk makes anything possible: any specification, scale, category or geography. Zetwerk ensures the right match for specifications at competitive costs and lead times. It offers quality monitoring through indigenously developed technology that provides end-to-end transparency from purchase orders to delivery, eliminating uncertainties around quality, visibility, reliability, and under-utilized capacities.
Zetwerk has delivered more than 1000 projects in over 15 countries to close to 300 customers so far. It is backed by marquee investors such as Accel Partners, Sequoia Capital, Lightspeed, Greenoaks and Kae Capital who have together invested close to $200 million in the company.
A company that’s changing the way manufacturing is done needs game changers to shape the future. At Zetwerk, our job is to help you excel in your career and make an Impact. We offer you an environment to create a unique career journey, opportunities to grow your ambition and an inclusive culture to help you thrive. We encourage innovation through collaboration and connect you to leaders who help you go beyond. We deliver the best for our people so that they can deliver the best for our customers. It’s that simple. It’s Zetwerk.
Senior Legal Counsel
Job Brief & Responsibilities
The Senior Legal Counsel will assist the Head Legal and provide legal support to all aspects of Zetwerk businesses in India and its group companies in different locations across India and abroad – ranging from commercial, manufacturing, compliance, operations, procurement, finance and corporate activities. He / She will be responsible for legal drafting al kinds of commercial contracts, corporate advisory, compliance, litigation and M&A.
This position reports directly to Head Legal.
This role is a individual contributor role which may in future turn into a managerial position.
• Support Head Legal on strategic M&A activities.
• Support HOD on strategic M&A activities.
• Proactively safeguard company interest by having clear risk mitigation strategies after identifying and prioritizing legal risks, emerging regulatory or other issues and threats that may affect Zetwerk business.
• Advise on contracts, understanding prevailing legal risks and liabilities associated with existing contracts and implementing mitigation strategies for future.
• Implement a continuous improvement process for existing contracts on a quarterly basis working with internal stakeholders.
• Understanding issues from internal stakeholders and providing practical solutions within short timelines.
• Draft and negotiate all kinds of commercial contracts, SOPs, and Guidelines for internal clients.
• Provide legal opinions, legal interpretations and recommendations on issues related to labour & employment laws, litigation, commercial laws, transfer of property, intellectual property etc.
• Manage disputes/litigation with third parties.
• Keeping up with current changes on all relevant areas of laws and contributing to the enhancement of the knowledge base within the legal function.
• Provide training to internal clients on legal basics, compliance, antitrust and general corporate.
• Manage external counsels.
• Periodically update business and senior management on the progress of all critical issues
• 9+ years of experience as an in-house counsel. Prior litigation and law firm experience would be an added advantage.
• Qualified LLB, preferably from a Tier 1 law school.
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
• Experience in managing a team is a plus
• Good drafting skills, having hands on experience on M&A transaction, Contracts and Litigations.
• Demonstrated ability to create/provide proactive strategies/solutions for internal clients
• Capacity to handle complexity and manage priorities within agreed timelines
• Strong professional ethics
• Team player
• Willingness to be “hands-on”
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills – Capacity to handle multicultural environment and people at all levels of the organization
• Above all, having a lot of patience and perseverance to continue striving for excellence and achieving expected results
For regular updates, join us: