About the NHRC
The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) of India is a Statutory public body constituted on 12 October 1993 under the Protection of Human Rights Ordinance of September 28, 1993. It was given a statutory basis by the Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993 (PHRA).
The NHRC is the National Human Rights Commission of India, responsible for the protection and promotion of human rights, defined by the Act as “Rights Relating To Life, liberty, equality and dignity of the individual guaranteed by the Constitution or embodied in the International Covenants and enforceable by courts in India.
About the Job Opportunity
The NHRC or National Human Rights Commission is seeking to engage for the job roles of Senior Research Consultants, Research Consultants, and Junior Research Consultants.
The National Human Rights Commission intends to prepare a panel for engagement of “Senior Research Consultants(SRCS), Research Consultants(RCS) and Junior Research Consultants(JRCS)” on short term contract basis, who have knowledge and aptitude for research and practical experience in dealing with human rights issues.
The work shall include research, analysis of data and other material, preparation of reports/status papers, notes, briefs, minutes preparation, seminars and workshops, follow up actions, modules for training and any other related work in respect of assigned subjects
- Senior Research Consultants (SRCs)
- Research Consultants (RCs)
- Junior Research Consultants (JRCs)
Senior Research Consultants (SRCs)
- Educational Background: Ph.D in Social Science preferably in Political Science, International relations, Social work, human rights etc. from any recognized University, with minimum 60% marks.
- Age limit: Maximum 56 years of age as on the last date of receipt of application
- Experience: 15 years Research Experience in any of the subjects given above from a Recognized Institution or University.
- Remuneration: Rs. 1,00,000/- per month without any dearness or other allowances
Research Consultants (RCs)
- Educational Background: LLB or Post-graduate in Social Science preferably in Political Science, International relations, Social work, human rights etc. from any recognized University with minimum 70% marks
- Experience: 10 years Research Experience in any of the subjects given above from a Recognized Institution or University.
- Age limit: Maximum 45 years of age as on the last date of receipt of application
- Remuneration: Rs. 75,000/- per month without any dearness or other allowances
Junior Research Consultants (JRCs)
- Educational Background: LLB or Post-graduate in Social Science preferably in Political Science, International relations, Social work, human rights etc. from any recognized University.
- Age limit: Maximum 30 years of age as on the last date of receipt of application
- Remuneration: Rs. 60,000/- per month without any dearness or other allowances
Eligible and interested candidates may send their application in the enclosed prescribed proforma (As given in the official advertisement) at Annexure-A,
- by post or by hand to the Under Secretary (Estt.), National Human Rights Commission, Manav Adhikar Bhawan, ‘C’ Block, GPO Complex, New Delhi – 110023
- and through e-mail at email@example.com,
within 30 days from the date of publication of the Advertisement in the newspaper. Applications received after the due date shall not be considered.
The applications shall include a copy of each of certificate showing date of birth and educational qualifications and one passport size photograph.
Wherever % age of marks obtained are shown in CGPA/SGPA/FGPA/CPI or any other method, documentary proof of norms adopted by the Institute/University convert the same to percentage needs to be submitted.
- The selection shall be on the basis a personal interview of the eligible candidates by the Selection Committee.
- Details of the short-listed candidates for the personal interview shall be displayed in the website of the Commission nhrc.nic.in subsequently.
- In case number of candidates is higher, the Commission reserves the right to short list the candidates on the basis of marks obtained.
- The short-listed candidates should bring attested copies of (1) Identity Card (PAN Card/ Aadhar Card/Election ID Card/DL etc.), (ii) certificate showing date of birth and educational qualifications and (iii) one passport size photograph while attending the interview In the event of selection, their engagement shall be subject to verification of all original documents.
March 2, 2022
Link for more details
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.