About South Indian Bank
South Indian Bank Limited is a major private sector bank headquartered at Thrissur in Kerala, India. South Indian Bank has 924 branches, 4 service branches, 53 extension counters and 20 Regional Offices spread across India.
About the Opportunity
South Indian Bank Ltd is inviting eligible applicants to apply online for various job roles in Legal Department.
Probation Period: 1 year
Number of Vacancies
- Corporate Legal Advisory Scale III (IBA Package)
- Litigation Management Scale II (IBA Package)
- Contracts Management Scale I (IBA Package)
- Legal Officer – General Scale I (IBA Package)
Roles and Responsibilities
Corporate Legal Advisory
- Capable of handling independently legal side of Capital Market transactions (Primary and Secondary Market) – IPO/Follow-on Public Offer/Equity and Debt Instruments/Institutional Investments etc.
- S/he shall be well versed with SEBI Laws/Rules, SAT Proceedings etc.
- Capable of giving legal advice on Commercial Real Estate SpaceREITS/Investment Trusts, RERA regulations, Project Funding to Builders and other advisory on Mortgage Backed Corporate loans
- Advisory Role on General Corporate Legal matters- Companies Act and Rules, Competition Laws, FEMA and Information Technology Laws/Rules.
- Documentation for Wholesale, Syndicate, Consortium and Multiple Banking arrangements.
- New Product loan documentation/modifications/update vis-à-vis regulatory changes- Corporate Book
- Good liasioning and network skills with external Counsels/Law Firms
- Internal Research and update on latest development on the legal and
- Regulatory landscape, having legal/regulatory ramifications on the Bank.
- Trainings/L&D to the Internal Stakeholders.
- Ability to work in teams and lead a team.
- To independently strategize and execute litigation vertical, which shall include:
- Network and liasioning with External Counsels for Civil/Criminal/Consumer Litigation/Dispute.
Vetting of Pleadings/Petitions/Applications/Complaints/Private Complaints et al.. to be filed before the Judicial, Quasi-Judicial Forums/Police/other law enforcement agencies. S/he shall be well versed with Code of Civil Procedure/Rules, Code of Criminal Procedure/Rules and Consumer Laws.
- Developing and managing robust MIS for effective litigation follow-ups.
- SPOC for Arbitration matters, involving the Bank.
- General Legal Advisory role on IBC matters
- Trainings/L&D to the Internal Stakeholders
- Ability to work in teams and lead team
- Drafting and vetting of Contract arrangement with Various Vendors/Service Providers (SLA, NDA, RFP, etc…)
- Good knowledge of the Concepts of “Indemnity, Liability, Penalty, Data Privacy/confidentiality” in the context of the Contract arrangement.
- Negotiation for Contract closure with Counter Parties and internal Stakeholders.
- Lease/Rental/L&L Documentation and its advisory/ies.
- Legal Validation of New Product/Service proposals from various Stakeholder Departments.
Legal Officer – General
- Extensive knowledge related to Mortgage/Pledge/Hypothecation/lien and Security Perfection.
- Experience in clearing title for the Mortgage backed loans.
- New Product Documentation -vetting/Preparation/Drafting-Retail, MSME and Agri Vertical
- Liaisoning with Counsels engaged in title clearances for Mortgage backed loans.
- Liaisoning with Documentation Hubs
- Funded and Non-Funded Documentation and other Trade Related documentation
- General Legal processing and Advisory role to the Internal Clients
- Trainings / L&D to the Internal Stakeholders
- Ability to work in teams
- Corporate Legal Advisory: 6 years of experience in Banks/FIs/Reputed Law Firms: 40 years: LLB under regular course with a minimum score of 60%
- Litigation Management: 4 years of experience in Banks/FIs/Reputed Law Firms: 35 years: LLB under regular course with a minimum score of 60%
- Contracts Management: 2 years of experience in IT/ITeS Firms/Law Firms in the similar Field: 35 years: LLB under regular course with a minimum score of 60%
- Legal Officer – General: 2 years of experience in Banks/FIs/Reputed Law Firms: 35 years: LLB under regular course with a minimum score of 60%
Procedure to Apply
Application Fee: Rs.100/- (excluding GST and other applicable charges)
- Applicants meeting the stipulated norms only need to apply for the post.
- Application fee once remitted will not be refunded in any case.
- Applicants can apply online through Bank’s website www.southindianbank.com only from February 18, 2022 to February 28, 2022 and no other mode of application will be accepted.
- Ensure that the applicant fulfils all the eligibility criteria.
- The applicants are requested to ensure that the information provided in the Online-Application Form is correct before submitting the application form.
- There will not be any provision to modify the submitted online application. Applicants are requested to take utmost care while filling up the online application.
- Applicants making multiple registrations will be disqualified.
- Applicants will have to enter their basic details and upload the photograph, signature and Curriculum
Vitae (CV) as per the specifications given below. Copies of the photograph may be retained for use at the time of Interview.
Link to apply
February 28, 2022
Toll Free Customer Care Number: 1800-425-1809/ 1800-102-9408
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.