Prayas is a Field Action Project of the Centre for Criminology and Justice, School of Social Work at the Tata Institute of Social Sciences, initiated in 1990. It is a response to the needs of disadvantaged groups being processed by the Criminal Justice System (CJS). It aims at socio legal and economic rehabilitation of persons who are at a greater risk of being criminalized, vulnerable to being trafficked (for the purpose of commercial sexual exploitation), or destitution.
Nature of Appointment:
Period of Contract:
May 15, 2021 to October 31, 2021
This is a full time paid position. Selected candidates will be expected to work within the Mumbai Metropolitan Region limits but may be required to travel to other districts as per programme needs.
- Master’s degree in LLB.
- Knowledge of computer skills./Ability- read, write and speak in Marathi, English, Hindi.
- Familiarity with the use of MS-Office, emails and the internet.
- Preference may be given to social workers with minimum 2-3 years of experience or work experience in the criminal justice system.
- Ability to work effectively in teams as well as independently.
- During contract period, Fellow shall not take up any other employment without the prior permission of the employer.
Rs. 30,000 per month (Approx).
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test and interview.
The application fee of Rs. 500/- to be paid online for GEN, OBC &
EWS and Rs. 125/- to be paid online for SC/ST/PWD candidates. The application will be valid only on receipt of the application fee for those who are required to pay. Fees once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
Application process and interview:
- Candidates are requested to apply online through the link (Apply now) provided along with this advertisement on the Institute website www.tiss.edu.
- Candidates are required to take a print of acknowledgement of online application and keep it for future reference.
- Short-listed candidates will be informed over e-mail and/or mobile phone to appear for the online interview to be held between the 2nd week of May 2021.
Last date for Applying:
The last date for receipt of online application: 30th April 2021.
Last date for Applying will be 30th April 2021.