About the Company
Hennes & Mauritz AB (H&M) is a Swedish multinational clothing retail company known for its fast-fashion clothing for men, women, teenagers, and children. As of November 2019, H&M operates in 74 countries with over 5,000 stores under the various company brands, with 126,000 full-time equivalent positions.
About the Job Opportunity
H&M India is seeking to engage the services of an eligible professional for the role of Legal Counsel, to work at its office in Delhi.
As Legal Counsel, his/her role is to support, guide and protect the H&M Group in relation to leases and other legal contracts as well as in other legal issues that arise.
The incumbent will be required to negotiate, draft and review property documents and various other agreements.
He/She will also be responsible for setting and enforcing legal standards, templates and strategies, and conducting judicial enquiries, risk assessments and due diligence.
Legal Support and Strategy
- With a background in property law, you must have experience in negotiating leases and other property documents.
- You negotiate, draft and review various other agreements.
- Set and enforce legal standards, templates and strategies.
- Conduct judicial enquiries and due diligence and identify and analyze any risks and consequences associated hereto.
- Stay up to date and understand global legal requirements and standards and support your market to achieve these.
- Support with tendering processes.
- Constantly improve H&M’s contracts so that it are safeguarded in the best possible way.
- Handle and settle disputes.
- Set and implement routines and the way of working for execution of contracts and ensure the execution done in the correct way.
- Ensure that handling and administration of contracts, is done in a good manner so that the information in our systems and files is accurate.
- Collaborate closely with lease managers, construction, facility and other relevant stakeholders.
- Understand what matters for each relevant stakeholder and ensure this is taken into consideration in our agreements wherever possible.
- Degree in Law
- Experience of working in an external law firm or as in-house Legal Counsel with focus on real estate law. Meriting is knowledge of other areas such as employment law, company law and general contract law.
- Have a growth mindset; Open and embraces change.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong initiative and a problem solving mindset.
- Organized and structured way of working.
- Team player who understands collaboration is key to achieving business goals.
- Desire to learn; Keen to build new skills and open to feedback to continue to grow.
- You are fluent in English with strong communication and presentation skills.
Saket, New Delhi
Link to apply-
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.
For regular updates we can catchup at-