Guild Capital is an early-stage venture capital firm. Founded in 2009 by Iain Shovlin, Guild typically backs founders as their first institutional investor, actively partnering with them to assist in crafting growth strategies, architecting high-performance teams, creating distinctive brands, and embracing metric-driven management. The company invests in Chicago, Los Angeles, and New York in the USA, and in Mumbai and Pune in India.
Guild Capital is searching for a Legal Counsel for Guild Capital. The role offers dual exposure of working with the Guild investment team on legal aspects of deals and working with one of Guild’s portfolio companies as a Legal Counsel.
A) Lead legal diligence and drafting of deal documentation for Guild India:
- Assist Guild India through deal diligence, drafting and negotiating of transaction documents
- Interact with relevant internal stakeholders and liaise with external counsels and consultants for the completion of the transaction
- Assist in review of the NDAs, term sheets and other transaction documents such as Share Purchase Agreement, Share Subscription Agreement, Shareholders Agreement and Strategic Partnership Agreement
- Provide necessary support for the pre-closing, closing and post-closing actions
B) Support transactions for Guild US:
- Review and draft the transaction documents
- Advise the US team on legal and regulatory issues
- Ensure end to end compliance for Guild Capital and its portfolio companies
- Set up and maintain infrastructure to manage deal documentation
C) Legal Counsel for Atidiv (India) Private Limited (Guild Capital Portfolio):
- Draft, review, and negotiate commercial contracts,
- Drive strategic and practical legal matters for the company with the ability to break down complex legal issues to understand the associated risks and take correct informed decisions
- Advise the business teams on strategizing and resolving legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, potential disputes and addressing any government enquires
- Provide close support, guidance and oversight to the business teams on topics related to HR compliances, legal metrology, product related compliances, permits, licenses, approvals etc. and monitor corrective action plans relating to regulatory compliance
- Coordinate with external law firms for M&A and other legal activities
- LL.B. degree from a reputable institution
- 4-8 years of experience doing corporate transactions in a Tier 1 law firm, venture capital fund and/or major in-house legal environment
- Good understanding of all regulations pertaining to foreign direct investment (FDI), FEMA, NDI Rules etc.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with business clients and other members of the legal department
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced environment.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Detail oriented with exceptional analytical and organizational skills, including the ability to manage diverse assignments and projects, exercising sound judgment and decision-making in prioritization of multiple deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with business partners to explain and advise about legal requirements and risks in specific contexts
Link to Apply
For regular updates, join us: