Site Name: India – Karnataka – Bengaluru
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. Our values and culture put people at the centre of what we do to support the success of our business. That includes the Legal function – our vision is to run Legal like a business for the business. We focus on delivering excellent advice to achieve GSK’s Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities with courage and accountability. We invest in people so that everyone can be themselves, feel good and keep growing. Legal Contracting Network (LCN) is a new, cutting-edge Legal group located in Asia, Europe and the US, bringing together the responsibilities and management of contracting. It will deliver effective and efficient legal support for contracting that is simplified and consistent. By joining our dedicated team of lawyers, paralegals and contracting specialists, you will become part of a world-class contracting support function at our new Global Capabilities Centre in Bengaluru, India. Along the way you will have many opportunities to learn, develop and be a key member of the team that will strengthen our support capabilities and deliver on the success of our business.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career.
As a member of the LCN Delivery Team, you will be accountable for providing quality contracting support on a global basis for various GSK stakeholders. Responsibilities include:
- Providing quality contracting support autonomously to the business. This includes providing analysis, drafting and counsel on transactions, including any related legal, policy, regulatory and compliance issues—integrating legal knowledge with sound business understanding.
- Negotiate and draft other legal documents. Conduct research on various legal issues. Perform or support due diligence on proposed transactions
- Review and interpret new or pending legislation and regulations impacting contracting to ensure compliance and share knowledge with the rest of the team.
- Aware of departmental guidance on best practices, processes, templates, clauses and playbooks.
- Familiarity with global privacy law and GDPR
- This role requires a broad-based provision of legal support and expertise in worldwide commercial transactions.
- Collaborate with and provide counsel to numerous relevant stakeholders including interactions with senior leaders in the Biopharma organisation.
- The role can work on matters of higher complexity with greater support from their line manager or other relevant colleagues.
- Understand legal and financial risks and implications of contracts.
- Agility to become quickly familiar and proficient with Conga, the Contract Lifecycle management system.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you have these skills, we would like to speak to you.
- Qualified lawyer with minimum 3 years’ experience in a law firm and/or in-house, including relevant experience in commercial contracting globally.
- Willingness to work flexible hours as this position supports global business in different geographies.
For regular updates, join us: