Applications are invited for the post of Law Officers for the High Court of Madras and its Branch at Madurai from the eligible Advocates or candidates.
No. of Posts
|Name of the Post||Total No. of Vacancy|
|Additional Advocate General||9|
|State Govt. Pleader||1|
|Special Govt. Pleader||33|
|Additional Govt. Pleader||55|
|Govt. Advocate (Civil Side)||71|
|Govt. Advocate (Criminal Side)||29|
|Govt. Advocate (Taxes)||3|
Last Date to Apply
A. Maximum Age Limit
Must not have completed 60 years in respect of Additional Government Pleader and Government Advocates (Civil/Criminal/Taxes). There is no age limit in respect of Additional Advocate General/ State Government Pleader/ Government Pleader and Special Government Pleader.
B. Educational Qualification
A degree of Bachelor of Law from a University incorporated by an Act of Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section-3 of UGC Act, 1956 or possess an equivalent qualification.
C. The Applicant must be:-
- Citizen of India;
- Registered with a Bar Council under The Advocates Act 1961
D. Should have standing as a practicing advocate for the number of years mentioned against each category below
1. Additional Advocate General: As an advocate having practice of not less than ten years, Out of which a minimum of not less than seven years in the High Court.
2. State Government Pleader: As an advocate having practice of not less than ten years, Out of which a minimum of not less than seven years in the High Court.
3. Government Pleader: As an advocate having practice of not less than ten years, out of which a minimum of not less than seven years in the High Court.
4. Special Government Pleader: As an advocate having practice of not less than ten years, out of which a minimum of not less than seven years in the High Court.
5. Additional Government Pleader: As an advocate having practice of not less than seven years, out of which a minimum of not less than five years in the High Court.
6. Government Advocate (Civil side / Criminal Side/ Taxes): An advocate having practice of not less than five years, out of which a minimum of not less than three years in the High Court.
How to Apply
1. The applicants shall send or give their application (Application form can be downloaded from the website http://www.tn.gov.in under “Announcements”) through Registered post or in person to the Secretary to Government, Public Department, Secretariat, Chennai 600 009 by 29.07.2021 before 5.45 PM.
2. The envelope should be superscribed as “Application for the post of Additional Advocate General/State Government Pleader/ Government Pleader/Special Government Pleader/ Additional Government Pleader/ Government Advocate (Civil Side / Criminal Side / Taxes)(as applicable)”. The application received after the due date/time will summarily be rejected.
Applications must Include
The applications submitted must indicate and include.
(a) A detailed bio-data/ CV containing the educational qualifications of the applicant (along with self-attested copies of such certificates), particulars of previous jobs held/work experience, notable/reported cases argued/handled, panels/ assignments previously/currently held.
(b) A letter from a Senior of 25 years experience or from a recognized Bar or Advocates Association of the High Court to establish the minimum practice required for the post applied.
(c) A self-attested copy of the registration certificate of the applicant with the concerned Bar Council.
Other Terms & Conditions
(a) the appointment shall be purely on a contractual basis and shall be for such term as may be determined by the Government. The Government Law Officers selected for appointment will be paid retainer fee and other fees as per Rules In force.
(b) the appointment can be terminated and t the Government Law Officer is liable to be removed from the office at any time without assigning any reason, by giving one month notice or on payment of one-month retainer fee in lieu of such notice;
(c) the applicant shall make no claim towards regularization of such appointment;
(d) incomplete application will not be entertained in any case and the right to reject the same stands reserved;
(e) if the information furnished by the Applicant is found to be false at any stage, the application shall stand rejected forthwith and if found at later stage, his appointment will be terminated forthwith.
(f) this advertisement, the process and the appointment of the applicant, (if any) are governed by the provisions of the Law Officers of High Court of Madras and its Bench at Madurai (Appointment) Rules, 2017 and related provisions.
For regular updates, join us: