About the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law
Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, is a public law school and a National Law University located in Patiala, Punjab, India. It was established in 2006 by the Punjab Government as a university dedicated to the field of Legal Education. The first vice-chancellor of the University was Gurjit Singh.
About the opportunity
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Field Investigator at Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Patiala.
About the Project
In the seven decades since its independence, India has faced and countered extremism emanating from several quarters – left wing communist insurgencies; strategic terrorism emerging from neighbouring countries; right wing religious extremism; and, violent separatist movements.
In the face of such opposition, the response of our nation-state has been strong handed and resilient; thoroughly ensuring that our constitutional and social fabric remains intact. The problem of radicalization however, doesn’t end here and threats from various quarters remain ever present.
There is an emerging global discourse, which seeks to answer the question of “why does an individual get radicalized” and a corollary question of – “how can the same be prevented.” Any endeavours to answer these questions in the Indian context, requires a systematic and in-depth examination of the past and present political, socio-economic, socio-legal and psycho-social realities.
It is this examination that the proposed study seeks to undertake. The Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D), Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) is the funding agency for this project. The study aims at understanding the processes of radicalization, de-radicalization and related measures, with the help of empirical evidence.
About the Centre
The Centre for Criminology, Criminal Justice and Victimology (CCV) has been established at RGNUL with the aim to contribute towards the fundamental and applied research and action in the field of Criminology, Criminal Law, Criminal Justice, Victim Justice, and Victimology. The Project is being executed by the Centre.
About the Position
They are looking to engage 2 (two) part-time Field Investigators for this project, who have skills and experience of working on challenging issues and are also ready to carry out extensive field work in this regard.
- Remuneration shall be proportionate to the qualification and experience of the candidate.
- Travel expenditure incurred for fieldwork shall be paid additionally on actual basis.
Duration of Assignment
The duration of the assignment shall be for a minimum period of 2 (two) weeks but may be extended as per the requirements of the Project.
- Applicants must be based out of Pune or willing to relocate to Pune for the Field Investigation.
- Applicants must be well conversant with Marathi in addition to Hindi and English.
- Must be a Graduate. Preference will be given to the candidate with background in Law and allied areas.
- Those with previous fieldwork experience in academic projects will be given preference.
- Excellent Communication and Drafting skills.
- Sound knowledge of empirical research.
- The candidates shall be required to carry out the fieldwork and collate the primary data from the field. The candidate should be willing to visit the places in the State of Maharashtra as and when identified.
- The fieldwork shall involve primary data collection from respondents.
- Coding and Analysis of the data collected.
- Additionally, the candidates may be asked to be involved with other activities of the Project/Centre.
- All Applicants are required to apply by 20th March 2022, 11.59 pm. Applications beyond this date and time will not be accepted.
- The applicants are required to submit their CV, a Statement of Purpose and Motivation and a writing sample (published/unpublished, sole authorship) to – email@example.com with the subject ‘Application for Field Investigator (Maharashtra)’.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be called for an interview.
- Once selected, the candidates shall be informed of their selection via email.
March 20, 2022
- RGNUL, Punjab is an equal opportunity employer.
- RGNUL, Punjab reserves the right to not fill any positions.
- Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted and individual replies to applicants may not always be possible.
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.