About the Company
Four principles guide Amazon: customer obsession above competitor focus, passion for creation, devotion to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. We are motivated by the thrill of developing technology, creating new products, and offering services that make a difference in people’s lives. We are open to new ideas, make swift judgments, and are not scared to fail. We have the size and reach of a huge corporation with the enthusiasm and heart of a small one.
On behalf of our customers: shoppers, sellers, content creators, and developers all across the world, Amazonians collaborate to study and build innovative technologies ranging from Amazon Web Services to Alexa. Their goal is to be the most customer-focused organisation on the planet. The consumer is at the centre of all of their actions, goals, projects, programmes, and inventions.You’ll also hear us state that “Day 1” is always the case at Amazon. What exactly do we mean? That our strategy is the same as it was on Amazon’s first day: make quick, informed judgments, stay nimble, invent, and delight our customers.
About the Responsibilities
We’re searching for an experienced Corporate Counsel to help us with our rapidly growing Prime Video business. This position is a member of Amazon’s legal team, which supports the company’s products and digital media businesses. Amazon’s legal team is one of the company’s most dependable. Our work is stimulating, fast-paced, and intellectually challenging. It’s part of our daily work to come up with creative answers to new legal issues. We care about our customers as much as everyone else at Amazon.
As an intern you are required to:-
- You will advise the Prime Video company on a wide range of commercial, licencing, technical, and regulatory issues, as well as structuring, drafting, and negotiating complicated commercial deals in this capacity. You’ll be in charge of all legal aspects of content acquisition, including evaluating rights issues, confirming chain of ownership, addressing clearance issues, standards and practises review, promotion and publicity issues, and collaborating with other departments such as marketing, policy, and product. You will work directly with the company, advising on strategic deals, assisting with the launch of new products and services, providing day-to-day advice, resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and content-related escalations and inquiries.
- The location of the position is Mumbai. There will be some domestic and foreign travel required. You will work closely with local and global legal teams, as well as outside counsel, on all of the aforementioned activities. The ideal applicant is curious, enjoys being constantly pushed, and can make smart decisions even in ambiguous situations.
- LL.B. (undergraduate law degree) from a prestigious Indian university.
- A minimum of 8+ years of legal experience, with several years of expertise in commercial / licencing transactions and intellectual property concerns at a large global law firm and/or in-house at a big multinational corporation.
- High levels of independence, initiative, and decisiveness, as well as a drive to be challenged and think creatively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities, as well as a track record of collaborating with and advising senior leaders in a company.
- A team player and consensus builder with excellent people skills who can interact and establish connections with attorneys and business clients at all levels of the company effectively and efficiently.
- In a fast-paced setting, the ability to prioritise is essential.
- In-house experience in the media arena with a well-known multinational corporation in content deals and intellectual property concerns.
- Policy, regulatory, and S&P knowledge and experience.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates may apply from here:- https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3022865561
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.