About the Organization
Tata Sons Private Limited and Singapore Airlines Limited (SIA) have partnered to create Vistara, in which Tata Sons owns a 51% partnership investment and Singapore Airlines a 49% stake. The business is officially known as TATA SIA Airlines Limited.
In 2013, the venerable companies Tata Sons and Singapore Airlines made the decision to realise their long-held joint aim of offering quality flying to Indian travellers. After Tata Airlines was renamed Air India and finally nationalised, the Tata group had long desired to return to the aviation industry because of its close historical ties. The Tata Group and Singapore Airlines both firmly believed in the aviation sector’s potential for expansion in India and hence attempted to enter the market in the past;By initially forming a joint venture in 1994 to launch an airline in India and then joining together in 2000 to buy shares of Air India. However, the partners requested authorisation for a tie-up once more in October 2013 following the easing of prohibitions on foreign investment in 2012. TATA SIA Airlines Limited, the holding company for Vistara, was established on November 5, 2013.
About the Responsibilities
To join the legal team at TATA SIA Airlines Limited, we are seeking to engage a highly driven and self-starter lawyer (Vistara) for the post of Asst. Manager-Legal. The candidate must have transactional work experience and at least five years of PQE, preferably from a law firm or another corporate entity. BALLB (H.) from a reputable college or university.
As an intern you are required to: –
- Contracts: You are in charge of developing, reviewing, and negotiating a wide range of contracts, including those involving IT, HR, marketing, loyalty marketing, and agreements with airlines.
- Standardization of Contracts: Standardization of contracts with an emphasis on benchmarking clauses for use across industries and standardised clauses across business relationships. Corporate Advisory & Legal Research: Offer legal assistance and risk management guidance to all business lines. conducting legal research on a variety of laws and legal matters.
- MIS: Maintaining the contracts’ database/MIS and assuring the storage of completed contracts.
- preferably in the airline business or a closely related sector like hospitality or travel
- Knowledge and expertise handling contracts
- Ability to draught opinions/memos and communicate with internal stakeholders and outside counsel
- the capacity to comprehend business requirements and properly apply legal rules
How to Apply?
Interested candidates may apply from here: –
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.