MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities
and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial
institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains
offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Bengaluru and other major financial centers around the world.
Professionals within the Legal Division provide high quality legal, transactional and regulatory advice, litigation
oversight, and advise on compliance and reputation issues. Our goal is to help our businesses complete their
transactions and understand, navigate and weigh the risks associated with business-related activities. In many
cases, our lawyers, along with other professionals, assist
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The attorney will be part of a global team and will be responsible for advising Goldman Sachs’ businesses on a wide range of multi-jurisdictional, core and critical service and vendor arrangements; this includes drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts subject to laws of various jurisdictions, often working from a range of template forms. The role may involve working with foreign counsel in relation to contracts subject to foreign laws.
The role will involve the provision of general advice and counsel on financial services related technology, services and intellectual property-related transactions; software, data and content licensing; outsourcing and procurement
transactions across different firm divisions; and hosting and software services agreements.
•Minimum 4 to 7 years of attorney work experience, preferably a mix of law firm and in-house experience within financial services
• Emphasis on experience in financial services related technology, services and intellectual property-related
transactions; software, data and content licensing; outsourcing and procurement transactions (preferably on a multi-jurisdictional basis).
• Experience partnering with fast-paced internal clients, providing strategic advice on business development
initiatives to close deals; strong organizational skills to prioritize and manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously
• Familiarity with the various jurisdictions including United States, United Kingdom, European Union and Asia ex Japan is helpful.
• Maturity, flexibility, and sound judgment required.
• High level of initiative, integrity and organization
• Adept at developing interpersonal relationships
• Excellent academic credentials
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written required, plus proven negotiation skills required.
We are seeking a candidate capable of taking the lead responsibility for drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide
range of commercial contracts subject to laws of various jurisdictions, often working from a range of template
forms. The range of contracts may include:
• Agreements for the supply of a wide range of key business services and consultancy arrangements;
• Software license agreements, hardware purchase agreements, systems maintenance;
• Telecommunications contracts;
Link to Apply
Click here to apply https://careers-goldmansachs.icims.com/jobs/84223/legal—technology%2525252c-ip-and-commercial-contracts—associate—bengaluru/job?hub=7&mode=job&iis=LinkedIn&iisn=LinkedIn&mobile=true&width=360&height=646&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=330&jun1offset=330
Editor: Mudit Jain
For regular updates, join us: