About the Organization
Selvam and Selvam is a firm built on a dynamic team of people who are passionate about Intellectual Property and extremely interested in the work that they do. As a mid-sized firm, the firm is capable enough to handle complex legal problems with individual attention to its clients. At Selvam and Selvam you can expect to be paid at par or even higher at times with other mid-sized firms in the city, work 9 to 10 hours a day depending on statutory deadlines and work with a team of like-minded individuals. Selvam and Selvam have a mentorship programme where new associates and interns are partnered with more experienced lawyers so that they can learn and ultimately deal with a range of legal problems on their own.
We are hiring for various positions in the field of Intellectual Property (IP) law, including IP Assessment Interns, Trainee Associates, Associates, and Senior Associates.
Roles and Responsibilities
The role will provide an opportunity to work with all aspects of Trademarks, Copyrights, Designs, Patents, and Domain Disputes, along with drafting and negotiating agreements related to entertainment and technology law.
- The interested candidates must possess a law degree, good communication skills, and a willingness to learn and commit to a minimum of two years with the firm.
- Although experience in entertainment law and technology agreements is preferred, it is not mandatory.
- Fill out the form
- If you’ve been shortlisted, one of our attorneys will contact you for a telephonic interview and to request a writing sample (600-800 words of original content on any IPR-related topic).
- Applicants already based out of Chennai may be asked to come into the office for a personal interview following our review of the writing sample.
- Please visit selvams.com/careers and go through the entire page before applying. Candidates should also ensure to share their updated LinkedIn profile URL.
- Note that the role is based in Chennai, and remote/hybrid work is not available for this position.
- The job offers a great opportunity for freshers and experienced individuals looking for a job or internship in the field of Intellectual Property law.
- Please note that we receive dozens of internship applications every day. It is unfortunately not possible for us to respond to every application.
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.
For regular updates on more opportunities, we can catch up at-