Counsel the Business on structure of contractual relationships, including appropriate documents to use, and on compliance with Company business practices, policies, procedures and law. Respond to ad hoc queries, providing appropriate solutions. You will be reporting to the Legal Director, OFSS, operating in conjunction with the other counsels of Oracle and will maintain working relations across the company.
- Provide input into new policies or practices, leadership on legislative awareness and issues, and implement Company policies.
- Identify, assess, and evaluate risks and review management of disputes and litigation
- Write, vet, and negotiate major complex deals, as well as localize and build model standard agreements/clauses.
- Participate in the Company’s JAPAC Legal Department initiatives as need arises, and collaborate with legal counsel throughout Oracle locally as well as internationally
- Conduct training for sales and legal staff, and other employees regarding compliance and legal matters.
- Collaborate with internal clients and business units on legal aspects of OFSS related issues.
- Assist OFSS Legal Director in assigned tasks and activities including streamlining processes, formats and documentation related to OFSS legal operation.
- Manage outside counsel and law firm relationship including engagement, billing, and communications.
- Participate in Legal & compliance training and attend Court hearings.
- Work with Privacy & Security Counsel and provide legal advice related to data security and privacy
- Outstanding lawyer in corporate environment
- Do you have a high level of legal drafting and negotiation skills?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and effective presentation skills
- Solutions oriented approach to commercial and legal issues
- Ability to perform and meet multiple deadlines, adapt to constantly evolving requirements, and an understanding of our business requirements and policies
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- Professional qualifications to practice law in India
- 5+ years of experience as a legal practitioner
- Proficiency in English, along with strong writing skills
- Experience with commercial negotiations, Financial Services sector business dealings and IT contracting, including software systems implementation contracts
Provide legal support across all lines of business enabling profitable growth while mitigating legal risks and assure adherence to governance policies, ethics, and country specific laws and regulations
Responsible for providing legal advice to the organization. Close liaison to business in providing a variety of corporate and commercial legal services. May perform litigation on Oracle’s behalf or coordinates litigation and other legal, administrative or investigative actions handled by outside counsel. May draft, review, and negotiate major and/or non-standard technology contracts with public and private sector customers, including licensing agreements, professional services agreements, and cloud services agreements. May advise on legal issues involving government and regulatory compliance. Responds to ad hoc queries to include identification, analysis, and evaluation of risks in order to provide appropriate legal solutions. Works closely with other lawyers throughout Oracle and coordinates legal matters handled by outside lawyers. Demonstrates deep general commercial or functional knowledge across a sub discipline within the individual’s specialty area(s), (e.g., general corporate law, antitrust/competition law, securities compliance and regulatory, employment law, immigration law, cloud transactions, data privacy, risk management asset-backed financing, contract management, intellectual property, trade secrets, advertising law, registration and other resolutions specific to the computer and technology industry)
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5+ years related experience. Bachelors degree in computer science, computer engineering, or similar background is a plus for roles within certain sub disciplines. Completed law degree and member of bar association in relevant jurisdictions. Excellent legal skills and business judgment in areas of responsibility. Proficient writing skills.
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. It’s when everyone’s voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond what’s been done before. That’s why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.
Link to Apply
Editor: Mudit Jain
For regular updates, join us: