At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
This position will provide legal, compliance and business affairs support for both NBA India and NBA Asia and is based in Mumbai. The attorney will work together with the NBA’s other lawyers based in the New York HQ office and other regional offices in serving as a local resource for the NBA India business team.
- Advise and assist clients in connection with all regional activities, including commercial transactions, compliance and other legal and business affairs matters, in conjunction with the global NBA legal team.
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts across all business lines, including content production and media distribution, sponsorships, events, basketball operations and merchandising.
- Conduct company policy training for existing and incoming staff.
- Conduct legal research and advice on various regulatory issues and strategic initiatives and consult with local counsel as needed.
- Manage the due diligence process for prospective business partners and service providers.
- 3-5+ years combined experience at a top-tier law firm and legal department of a multinational corporation.
- Cross-border transactional and compliance-related experience.
- Strong technical skills, including excellent written and oral business communication and strong contract drafting, negotiating and issue-spotting skills.
- Ability to work successfully with people from diverse cultures.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and engage with multiple stakeholders in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make timely, nuanced recommendations for business decisions based on reasoned legal analysis and the strategic objectives of the organization.
- High level of commitment to quality work product and organizational ethics and integrity.
Law degree from a reputable law school and admission to practice law in India or another relevant jurisdiction.
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.
For regular updates on more opportunities, we can catch up at-