JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Their history spans over 200 years and today they are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
APAC Capital Markets Legal Counsel
- The candidate will initially be responsible for covering APAC Medium Term Note (MTN) Programme updates, establishments, drawdowns, accessions and standalone issuances by issuers across APAC countries. In time, the candidate will also have the opportunity to work on bespoke projects and different products as appropriate. The candidate will work closely with APAC bankers and legal colleagues, with touchpoints across various global teams.
- Pro-actively support the business groups across APAC which originate transactions, through review and negotiation of legal documents, legal advice, and providing guidance on risk assessment and solutions.
- Review, negotiate and assist with drafting of confidentiality agreements, mandate letters, underwriting and related documentation.
- Instruct and work closely with external counsel in the review and negotiation of legal opinions and supervising the legal due diligence involving the business and transaction.
- Liaise with the business teams, other control areas and colleagues in Legal in setting/maintaining documentation standards, internal policies and monitoring relevant legal, regulatory and documentation developments.
- Pro-actively sharing experience and know-how with colleagues in Legal, where appropriate globally. Provide training to the business and within Legal as appropriate
- Participation in Legal and Firm-wide projects.
Qualifications And Experience
- a minimum of 5 years’ PQE in India (additional qualification from US and/or England & Wales will be viewed favorably).
- International capital markets experience in a top tier law firm and/or in-house experience in comparable financial institution MTN programme related work experience will be viewed favorably but is not a prerequisite.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) with the ability to interact with senior business personnel and stakeholders in other functions.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to cover matters across time zones with regional and global stakeholders.
- Work under pressure and appropriately priorities to meet deadlines while maintaining high quality standards and identify and escalate issues in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Adapt and apply legal skills in new businesses and subjects in which a lawyer may not have expertise.
- Work both independently and as a team player, proactively and multi-task
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.
For regular updates on more opportunities, we can catch up at-