At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible.
Role and Responsibilities
IBM is a leader in the provision of open hybrid cloud and AI solutions to governments and companies globally in industries like finance, telecommunications, health, transport, and logistics. IBM’s services and products extend across consulting, AI and data, cybersecurity, and cloud to help companies digitally transform to meet current and emerging challenges.
As a Senior Attorney, you will be part of the India and South Asia (ISA) legal team which consists of 18 lawyers and support staff who provide legal advice and support to IBM’s domestic businesses in India and South Asia as well as IBM’s global delivery missions.
Members of IBM’s legal team are expected to provide advice across IBM’s 2 primary Business Units: IBM Consulting, and IBM Technology. Generally, that work involves advising and negotiating commercial engagements and contracts with government and commercial entities. The ISA legal team also provides business and support functions like procurement, security and transport, real estate, human resources, and financial advice on regulatory compliance and change, contractual disputes, litigation, intellectual property, workplace relations, privacy, and cybersecurity.
The ISA legal team also facilitate compliance with IBM’s policies and procedures.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Qualified to practice law in India.
- Deep experience in negotiating IT contracts with government and commercial entities in services, software, and cloud solutions.
- Experience in providing advice concerning issues like privacy, cybersecurity, intellectual property, and regulatory compliance.
- The ability to work autonomously on matters with the requirement for supervision diminishes as the candidate becomes more familiar with IBM’s business.
- Familiarity with Indian government procurement policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated initiative in improving processes and procedures to drive improved performance not only for the business by also for the legal function.
- Strong evidence of a commitment to integrity and ethical conduct.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in advising on disputes and litigation in India.
- Sector experience in financial services, telecommunications, or both.
- Prior experience in an in-house legal environment preferably with a multinational company.
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.
For regular updates on more opportunities, we can catch up at-