Legal @Dream Sports:
Dream Sports (DS) Legal is the inhouse legal function that supports all divisions within Dream Sports ecosystem on varied legal issues relating to the existing as well as prospective businesses for the group ranging from General Corporate, M&A, Fundraise, Structuring, Litigation and Litigation strategy, IP strategy, registration, monitoring and enforcement, Data Protection etc.
- Supporting the DS management in the creation of a long-term litigation strategy
- Keeping track of all industry-relevant litigation across the specified territory
- Identifying and partnering with law firms who can deliver on the larger litigation strategy for the DS, both in terms of advice and execution
- Preparing counsel briefing notes and briefing the counsels as and when required
- Preparation of and execution of larger litigation strategy for the DS in line with the management objectives
- 7 to 10 years of PQE in Litigation (management, appearances, drafting, briefing) as a counsel/advocate
- Experience in briefing senior counsels
- Excellent drafting/writing skills
- Understanding of litigation around constitutional/IP/commercial/ civil/criminal in lower as well as higher judiciary including writ jurisdiction
Good to Have:
- Prior experience of having worked on gaming laws, taxation laws around gaming
- Understands fantasy sports, sports streaming, content, e-commerce, Fintech industry in specific and Tech industry in general
Dream Sports is a sports technology company with brands such as Dream11, FanCode, DreamX, DreamSetGo and DreamPay in its portfolio. Dream Sports is executing its vision of ‘Make Sports Better’ by providing multiple avenues for fans to deeply engage with the sports they love through fantasy sports, content, commerce, experiences and events, among others.
Founded in 2008 by Harsh Jain and Bhavit Sheth, the company has been ranked #7 among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces in 2020 and was recognised as one of the top 10 innovative companies in India by Fast Company in 2019. Kalaari Capital, Think Investments, Multiples Equity, Tencent and Steadview Capital are the marquee investors in Dream Sports.
Link to apply-
For regular updates, join us: