apanese Association of University Women (JAUW) is now calling for Applications for its 2020 International Fellowships.
Objective of this Program
To allow promising researchers/graduate students in any field to spend a period of time in residence in a graduate/research institute etc. in Japan.
Outline of JAUW International Fellowship Program
The program is open to applications between November 2019 and March 31, 2020.
The program will allow maximum of 2 recipients, each winning between Yen500,000 and up to Yen1,000,000 to support transportation to and from Japan and cost for her stay in Japan.
The period of stay in Japan under this award is for 4 to 6 months between October 2020 and March 2021.
The program cannot be extended in any event.
Applicants must be of non-Japanese women in the age below 45.
Applicants must live outside Japan at the time of application.
Applicants must hold a Master’s Degree or above.
Applicants need to identify an institution/university in Japan where to conduct research.They need to have contacted and obtained a consent from a host at the identified institution/university before application. JAUW won’t extend any help regarding this matter.
Applicants must submit application forms according to the Instructions.
How to apply
Applicants must submit a completed Personal Registration Information (Electronic Data Format) from the links given below.
- 2020 Personal Registration Information (Electric Data Format), (pdf) &word (xlsx)
- 2020 Application Form Part 1 (Personal Data), (pdf) &word (docx)
- 2020 Application Form Part 2 (Proposal & Related Data), (pdf) & word (docx)
- 2020 Form of a Letter of Acceptance (pdf) & word (docx)
(Be sure to ask your host professor etc. to use this form when writing a Letter of Acceptance. Other forms shall not be accepted.)
- 2020 Form of Certificate of Health, (pdf)
The filled form should be sent to JAUW by E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, applicants must prepare a full set of the Application Documents specified below, and send them in a single package to JAUW by postal mail:
International Fellowship Committee, Japanese Association of University Women
11-6-101 Samoncho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-0017, JAPAN
- 5 copies of Application Form Part 1 (Personal Data)
- 5 copies of Application Form Part 2 (Proposal & Related Data)
- Recommendation letters with sign and e-mail address (⇒see No.6 of Application Form Part 1) from three different individuals. Each letter should be signed by the writer and enclosed in a sealed and signed envelope.
- A copy of a letter of a letter of acceptance/confirmation/invitation (referred to as a Letter of Acceptance), written by your host supervisor or collaborator of your study/research in Japan. Please ask him/her to send the original Letter of Acceptance by postal mail directly to JAUW. In addition, be sure to ask him/her to send to you the pdf file of the said Letter of Acceptance, whose printed copy you should include in your application package.
- A medical certificate of health issued by a qualified medical doctor stating in English that you are healthy enough to conduct your study in Japan for the proposed period.
- A photo, 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm, of yourself to be put on one of the Application Form Part 1.
Applicants must use the designated forms for Application Form Part 1 & 2 and the Electronic Data Format.
Applicants have to find a host university or institution in Japan by themselves, and have to submit, at the time of application, a Letter of Acceptance from that host or from your prospective supervisor thereof. JAUW will not extend any help regarding this matter.
Deadline for Currently Inviting Application is March 31, 2020.