The Law Foundation of Silicon Valley advances the rights of historically excluded individuals and families across Santa Clara County through legal services, strategic advocacy, and educational outreach. Now with over 90
employees, the Law Foundation is the largest provider of free legal services in the South Bay. Located in downtown San Jose, the Law Foundation is a dynamic and interesting place to work. We pride ourselves on fostering a work environment that is motivating, collaborative and fun, with plenty of opportunities for professional growth. We are working towards a Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC)-centered, community and movement lawyering-based legal services practice.
The Law Foundation of Silicon Valley is seeking a full-time college student or recent graduate to work in our Housing Department. The intern will work primarily in a project to analyze data related to evictions, but may
work on other projects as requested by attorneys. This can include help with research, data collection, filing, and case investigation. The project will require the intern to work on-site and do field work in San Jose, so the
intern must be able to travel to San Jose to work on the project.
- Strong commitment to civil rights.
- Ability to analyze, write and present ideas clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Organizational skills and computer proficiency.
- Ability to treat all clients with dignity and respect.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Connections to and experience working with diverse populations, including communities of color and people living with disabilities.
- Passion for social justice and race equity as well as a desire to provide assistance to underserved populations.
- Bilingual language skills (particularly Spanish or Vietnamese) highly desirable.
This is a temporary, UNPAID position for 10 weeks in Summer 2021.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until position is filled. Please submit the following via email to email@example.com:
(1) a resume and
(2) a cover letter that explains your interest and also addresses the