The India Centre for Migration (ICM) is a ‘not for profit’ society established by the Government of India in July, 2008 to serve as a think tank on all matters relating to International Migration. The Centre undertakes empirical, analytical and policy related research, implements pilot projects to document good practices and assists in capacity building of stakeholders at the sub-national level. ICM is inviting applications for its internship programme. In the calendar year 2021 there is one internship available to apply. The internship program is available in the areas of (a) Pre-Departure Orientation & Training (PDOT) and Skills – 1 position.
The internship program provides an opportunity to carry out substantive policy research including analysis and providing inputs that would be useful to the Overseas Indian Affairs (OIA) Division of the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
- Bachelor’s Degree with 60% marks in any subject from a recognised university. Preference in shortlisting will be given to candidates having higher educational qualifications and/or experience in the field of international migration and diasporas.
- Age limit: 30 years as on the last date of submission of application.
Deliverables for the identified areas of internship will be informed at the time of allocating the same to successful intern.
One year (12 months); extendable for a further period of 1 year on evaluation of work performance.
A consolidated amount of Rs. 30,000 per month (TDS deducted at source).
Mode of Application:
The applicants can send their updated resume and a copy of most recent publications, if any, to ICM to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please fill up all details pertaining academic qualifications, experience, list of publications and work
experience as per the format/table given in this advertisement. Applications sent otherwise shall not be considered.
For application details, visit thr ToR:
- Applications for the internship program will be received till 5 PM, 15 July 2021.
- Please mention in the Subject Line of the e-mail the area applied for as mentioned in this ToR, otherwise the application shall be rejected.
- Do not send multiple applications.
The Competent Authority reserves the right to relax the essential requirements for the selection of intern/s in exceptional cases. As such, candidates not fulfilling the essential requirements may also apply.
For regular updates, join us: