About the Organization
SPRF India is a public policy think tank headquartered in New Delhi. They engage young policy researchers under the guidance of an eminent board of trustees and seasoned advisors. As a dynamic and solution-oriented organisation, they horizontalise and intersectionalise policy by rooting it in data and non-partisanal research. SPRF works at the intersections of Governance, Economy, Human Rights, Security, and Environment. They curate narratives which reflect the aspirations of a country where more than half the population remains under the age of 25.
Their research work finds mention and places in publications like Hindu Business Line, The Quint, The Diplomat, FirstPost, News18, ORF online, Business Insider, NewsClick, Feminism in India, and Down to Earth.
About the Internship
SPRF is looking for research interns to work on policy issues at the intersection of governance, economy, environment, security and human rights. The position is based in New Delhi but the intern would be expected to work from home given the current situation with respect to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The expected starting date is July 10, 2022.
The duration of the internship is 2 months.
This is a paid opportunity.
No. of Position(s): 1
- Producing high-quality evidence-based research outputs.
- Qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
- Assisting the research team with data collection and collation, and summarising relevant literature for ongoing short and long-term projects.
- Assisting the research team with ongoing projects, including but not limited to, inclusive education and disability project-managing timelines, doing background research and transcription.
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Students pursuing a postgraduate degree in relevant fields such as political science, sociology, economics, public policy, and security studies, among others.
- Previous experience in research in academia preferred. Experience in primary research desired.
- Strong writing skills, ability to think critically, excellent time management, attention to detail, and comfortable working in a start-up environment.
- Well-versed with qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite required. Working knowledge of SPSS, STATA is desired.
- Strong transcription skills required-active listening, typing, and language skills (Hindi and English).
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can write to them at firstname.lastname@example.org (cc: email@example.com) with the following:
- Updated Resume/CV.
- A cover letter outlining relevant experience, skillset, and suitability for the position.
- Recent writing sample of not more than 1000 words.
Use the subject line: “Application for Research Intern- [Your Name]
Deadline for application: July 5, 2022
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.