Parichay is a collaborative legal aid clinic set up by law schools in India, to assist persons excluded from the National Register of Citizens in Assam. Persons excluded from the NRC in Assam have the right to file appeals before the Foreigners Tribunals against their exclusion.
Parichay works with lawyers and paralegals to assist them through the appeals process. They also engage in documentation and research to generate greater understanding of citizenship laws in India.
The core areas of work are drafting appeals for filing before the Foreigners’ Tribunals, documentation of the NRC exercise, research into broader questions of human rights and conducting training sessions for lawyers, paralegals and students.
About the Internship
Interns will primarily assist with the following day to day tasks:
- Interpreting and translating interviews, and documents, exhibits and extracts of case files from Assamese/Bengali to English and vice versa.
- Conducting research on case laws and legal questions revolving around citizenship, human rights or constitutional law for case before various Courts and for any other strategic litigation that Parichay may assist with.
Applicants should meet the two following conditions of eligibility:
- Must possess written and oral communication skills in Assamese/Bengali.
- Be a student enrolled in any law course – 5-year LL.B. degree/ 3-year LL.B. degree / LL.M. students.
Last date to apply
6th February 2022
For queries, please email at email@example.com
Link and directions to apply
- Fill in the Google Form with your personal details, CV and a statement of purpose of no more than 500 words.
- Applicants will subsequently be contacted for undergoing a language translation test followed by an interview.
Link for more information
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.
For regular updates we can catchup at-