About SLSA of MP
The Legal Services Authorities Act, 1987, is aimed to provide free and competent Legal Services to the weaker sections of the society to ensure that opportunities for securing justice are not denied to any citizen by reason of economic or other disabilities and to organize Lok Adalats to secure that the operation of the legal system promotes justice on a basis equal opportunity.
Creating legal awareness, legal aid, and settlement of disputes through amicable settlement are the main functions of the Authority.
About the Internship
The Programme would be a 3 weeks programme.
The interns would be required to spend internship with the M.P. State Legal Services Authority Jabalpur or District Legal Services Authority of their choice, be it their home district or district in which their law college falls or any other district of their choice.
Responsibilities of the Intern
- Visit a Central Jail or Sub Jail for one day in the District;
- Visit an Observation Home/Juvenile Justice Board for one day;
- Visit Child Welfare Committee and Children’s Home for one day;
- Visit a home for senior citizens for one day;
- Visit a Mental health Establishment/drug de-addiction centre for one day;
- Visit the District Courts including Magisterial, Sessions and Civil Courts for one day;
- Attend a legal literacy/legal awareness programme in the district for one or two days;
- Watch the mediation proceedings at Mediation/ADR centre and LokAdalat/Permanent LokAdalat for one day;
- Visit a legal literacy club in a school/legal services clinic in a college and/or in community, etc. for one day.
- Spend the remaining days in the office of the MP State Legal Services Authority Jabalpur or District Legal Services Authority for observing the working of Front office and other activities of SLSA/DLSA.
The interns would be required to make their own boarding and lodging arrangements as well as for local travel both within the district to which they are attached for the internship.
At the end of the internship programme, certificates would be distributed to the law interns who successfully complete the programme and submit a report regarding internship.
- Address: 574, South Civil lines, Jabalapur (Pachpedi)
- Phone number: 0761-2678352,2624131
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Link for more details- http://www.mpslsa.gov.in/?q=node/59
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.