About the Company
India Labourline is a free helpline for employees that provides them with legal assistance and mediation for matters relating to their livelihood.As an immediate response to the severe circumstances thousands of workers suffered during the year of unexpected Covid lockdowns, it began operations in July 2021. Its goal is to support both local and migrant workers who labour informally.India Labourline, with its headquarters in Mumbai, receives calls from employees working as labourers, drivers, security guards, factory workers, etc. around the nation.The tele counsellors are qualified to offer workers the initial level of counselling or intervention over the phone and to lead them through different follow-up procedures to address their concerns with wage theft, bondage, physical and verbal abuse, and non-payment of compensation following accidents in hazardous workplaces.
About the Responsibilities
As interns at India Labourline, you will work on issues that affect Indian workers in the unorganised sector.It will assist you in gaining a thorough grasp of the many parties involved in securing the application and defence of some of the most vulnerable classes of Indian citizens’ basic and labour rights. You will gain practical experience with labour laws and their application in a realistic, everyday situation.Additionally, you will be giving legal advice to the telecounsellors who initially counsel the workers. Candidates who are chosen will be expected to uphold the highest ethical standards and aid in our advancement so that we may better meet the requirements of the workers who require our support.
As an intern you are required to:-
- Research and writing: Examine numerous labour laws and cases pertaining to particular issues. Contribute to the creation of legal literacy training materials for various labour laws.
- Fieldwork: Participate in outreach and legal aid activities alongside the field team.
Mumbai. Working in a hybrid model will be expected of you. You will need to spend some time in the field or the office in Worli, Mumbai. Work can be done in part from home.
- Students that have already studied labour laws as part of their legal education are what they are seeking for.
- Students enrolled in recognised 5-year legal programmes in their fourth and fifth years;
- students enrolled in recognised 3-year law programmes in their second and third years; and students from recognised LL.M. programmes at any Indian university.
Deadline for Applying
July 30, 2022
How to Apply?
Interested candidates may apply from here:-
- To apply, send your resume as an attachment along with a succinct cover letter (no longer than 300 words) outlining your interest in the internship. Please mention in the cover letter that you have completed your study of labour laws as part of your legal education.
- Make sure to submit an email with the subject line “Application for internship” along with your CV and cover letter combined into a single PDF file.
- Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions regarding the application, please send them to email@example.com
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.
For regular updates, we can catchup at-