About the Organisation
Under the capable guidance of its then Chief Justice, Mr. Justice Ajit Prakash Shah, the High Court established the Delhi International Arbitration Centre (DIAC), formerly known as the Delhi High Court Arbitration Centre. The then-Chief Justice of India, Mr. Justice K.G. Balakrishnan, officially opened DIAC on November 25, 2009. The first Arbitration Center with a High Court annex is DIAC.It is a structure designed to make arbitration more accessible to litigating parties and to encourage them to use it as their preferred method of dispute resolution. The cost- and time-efficient arbitration process used by DIAC to settle disputes is effective. To ensure an impartial, open, and expert institution, the High Court of Delhi formed it.
About the Responsibilities
For its internship programme, DIAC is now accepting applications. It will offer first-hand knowledge of how a top arbitral institution operates in terms of its role and duties.
On the management of cases under the DIAC Rules, you will collaborate with a vibrant, diverse, and experienced team of arbitration lawyers at DIAC.
As an intern you are required to:-
- reading, evaluating, and writing paperwork associated with ongoing arbitration disputes.
- conducting research in order to get ready for meetings, presentations, and publications.
- Reviewing, analysing, and providing feedback on legal files are all part of helping the team with its daily case management activities.
- duties for conducting research in advance of conferences, presentations, and publications.
- other tasks determined by the intern’s interests and training.
maximum period of 4 weeks, which can be extended to 8 weeks.
- third year (or higher) of a five-year legal education programme;
- second year (or higher) of a three-year legal education programme;
- or law student pursuing an LLM or PhD.
- Students who demonstrate a strong interest in or knowledge of arbitration, mediation, and conciliation will be given preference.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates may apply from here:- http://dhcdiac.nic.in/apply-internship/
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.
For regular updates, we can catchup at-