About the International Institute of Humanitarian Law
The International Institute of Humanitarian Law is an independent, “non-profit, humanitarian association having social values as its objectives”, founded in 1970 in Sanremo, Italy. Its headquarters are situated in Villa Ormond, while a liaison office of the Institute is established in Geneva, Switzerland.
Internship Opportunity Description
- The Sanremo Institute has been actively participating in European-funded initiatives in the fields of citizenship education, peace education, cultural inclusion and hybridization of migrant children in school, and many other relevant subjects since 2017.
- The EU-funded programmes are managed by the Institute’s Special Projects Department.
These projects are centered not only on the development of innovative tools, processes, and resources for educational stakeholders, but they also aim to have a meaningful impact on national and international public policies through direct participation of policymakers.
- The intern will report to the Director of the Special Projects Department and work closely with the Coordinator and the rest of the department’s staff.
- Deadline for applications: 29 October 2021;
- Starting date of the internship: 8 November 2021.
- Internship will be conducted in Sanremo, at the IIHL HQs, with the possibility of arranging periods in remote working;
- The minimum duration of the internship is of at least six months, extendable upon mutual agreement;
- Both curricular and extra-curricular internship applications are considered;
- Due to the considerable amount of applications we receive, only those candidates who are successful at the application pre-screening stage will be contacted.
Procedure to apply
Subject to the email should be: “Request for Internship – Special Projects Department“
For regular updates, join us: