International Law and Policy Society, NLUO is conducting an Essay Writing Competition and inviting submissions for the same by November 30, 2022.
The International Law and Policy Society (ILPS) has been established to provide through research, working papers, publications, seminars, conferences, projects, and engagement, a platform for intellectual dialogue on contemporary issues of international law and foreign policy.
While the world is divided by borders, the geopolitical happenings of countries in the contemporary era of globalisation continue to impact all international players.
The International law and Policy Society at NLUO, recognising the fact that ideas and opinions are bulletproof and must flow across borders brings forth the present Essay Writing Competition with an aim to encourage law and policy-oriented discourse around the numerous issues of international importance and India’s stance towards these issues.
- This competition is open to undergraduate and postgraduate students from all disciplines.
- Submissions from Scholars, Academicians, Journalists, Policy Makers, Research Scholars, and NGOs are also welcome.
- The maximum number of Co- authors is limited to 2.
- Iran’s Anti- Hijab & India’s Pro- Hijab Protests, liberation from oppression: A feminist Perspective.
- Need for a Global framework for outer space regulations: In the light of SpaceX Starlink project.
- The Russia- Ukraine Conflict and India’s diplomatic policy stance of Proactive neutrality.
- Free Trade Agreements in modern economic paradigm: The India-UK FTA deal.
- Prosecution of Journalists & Repression of Media Freedom, in light of recent Global events.
- International Framework against Cartelization of energy supply in International Markets.
- Growing Religious Intolerance and the role of international forums to carve a way out.
- Application and legality of ICCPR regarding Content Moderation and Censorship on Social Media Platforms: A Human Rights Perspective.
- The submission shall be the original work of the author dealing with public international law and foreign policy. The submissions must focus on current developments in these fields and must be analytical in nature.
- A maximum similarity of 10% is allowed. Non-adherence to this rule shall result in the rejection of the article summarily.
- The submission must have a clear and concise structure along with clear Headings and sub-headings.
- A submission should have 1000 to 1200 words.
- The manuscripts must be in “docx” format. The text must be in Times New Roman, have 1.5 line spacing, font size 12 and justified.
- Citations should be given in the hyperlinks.
- The file name of the Submission should be the title of the Essay.
- INR 150 for a single author
- INR 250 for co-authorship.
- 1st Prize: INR 3,000
- 2nd Prize: INR 2,000
- 3rd Prize: INR 1,000
- The best three submissions will feature on the ILPS Blog.
- E-Certificate of appreciation shall be awarded to the top entries of the competition.
- Registration Open:10th November 2022
- Registration Closes:30th November 2022
- Last Date for Submitting Manuscripts:10th December 2022
- Declaration Of Results:15th January 2023
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.