The University of Birmingham is offering major scholarships for international students Global Masters Scholarship 2022-23.
Birmingham has a proud heritage of removing barriers to education to enable the most academically talented students to fulfill their potential in learning and education.
In keeping with this tradition, we are proud to be launching the Global Masters Scholarship to attract and support the most academically talented international students from across the world to our Masters degrees during the 2022/23 academic year.
NUMBER OF GRANTS
In order to be eligible, candidates must meet the following requirements. Candidates must:
- Have received, and accepted, an offer of admission for a taught Masters degree at the University of Birmingham UK Campus to study in the 2022/23 academic year.
- Be classed as ‘domiciled’ in one of the eligible countries.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes.
- Start their studies at the University in September/ October 2022 on a course delivered on-campus.
- Have paid the standard £2,000 Admissions deposit by 30 June 2022.
- Be academically exceptional and able to provide evidence for this in the scholarship application statement. Candidates should have, or be expecting to achieve, a first class overall grade (at least 70% in the UK system) in a bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
For example, we consider a UK first class degree to be equivalent to the following grading systems in the US, India, Nigeria, and China:
- 3.5 out of 4.0 and above in the US GPA system.
- 70% in the Indian grading system
- 3.5 (out of 4.0) or 4.5 (out of 5.0) or 6.2 (out of 7.0) in the Nigerian grading system
- 85% grade awarded by a top tier Chinese University, 90% grade awarded by a mid-tier Chinese University
Students in receipt of a full scholarship or sponsorship covering full tuition fees from an alternative internal or external source are not eligible for this scholarship. Those with other partial awards may be able to conjoin this scholarship with other scholarships.
Candidates must be classed as ‘domiciled’ in one of the following countries:
- China (PRC)
- Hong Kong (SAR of PRC)
- United States of America
- If you decide to defer your programme start date to September 2023, you will no longer be eligible for this scholarship as it is only available for programmes with a September 2022 start date.
- Students applying for programmes in the Birmingham Business School are not eligible for this scholarship but are eligible for other separate MSc and MBA scholarships offered by the Business School.
- Students seeking to study on a course solely delivered as a ‘distance learning’ programme are not eligible for this scholarship.
HOW TO APPLY
This is a competitive scholarship and candidates who fulfil the eligibility requirements outlined above, and who has been issued and accepted an offer of admission to a Masters degree at Birmingham, are welcome to apply for this scholarship by completing our online scholarship application form below.
Please complete the form accurately and in full as any incomplete applications will not be considered and cannot be amended once submitted. Please only complete the scholarship application form once as any duplicate applications will not be considered and we will only review your first submission.
30 June 2022 at 23:59 (UK time / GMT+1)
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.