About the Conclave
The Conclave shall be a unique first-of-its-kind platform in India where students from across the country and globally shall get an opportunity to deliberate on contemporary issues of International Law.
The Conclave shall aim at the realignment of the global discourse on International Law from being Euro-American-centric to align with the strategic interests of African, Asian, and other developing countries. It shall also be a platform for students to interact with experts, academicians, and practitioners in International Law from across the globe.
Theme of the Essay Competition
The theme of the competition shall be ‘Commentary on State Practice on the present International Law Commission Agenda Items’. Participants may choose to comment on any nation’s state practice on the following topics:
- Provisional Application of Treaties
- Protection of the Atmosphere
- Immunity of State Officials from foreign criminal jurisdiction
- Protection of Environment in relation to armed conflict
- Peremptory norms of general international law (jus cogens)
- Succession of State in respect to state responsibility
- General Principals of Law
- Sea level rise in relation to international law
- Crimes Against Humanity
- Piracy and Armed Robbery
- Size of essay: 3500 words, including footnote. Footnotes shall be as per the latest OSCOLA edition.
- Deadline: Entries to be sent by 1700 hours IST, 20 January 2022
- Entries shall be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, Rashtriya Raksha University, Lavad-Dehgam. Entries shall contain the names, addresses, and contact details of the author(s).
- Prizes of up to INR 15,000 to be won.
- Subscription to exclusive legal databases!
- Certificates of participation!
Mr. Suraj Pratim Saikia: email@example.com
Ms. Aparajita Acharya: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.