About the Competition Commission of India (CCI)
Competition Commission of India (CCI) is a statutory body of the Government of India responsible for enforcing The Competition Act, 2002 and promoting competition throughout India, and preventing activities that have an appreciable adverse effect on competition in India. It was established on 14 October 2003.
About the competition
Competition Commission of India (CCI) announced National Level Essay Competition 2021-22 as a part of celebration of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav on “Competition Law in New India-Building Aatm Nirbhar Bharat”.
Last date for submission of essay has been extended to 30.11.2021 (6 PM). Other terms and conditions will remain the same and can be accessed at
Competition Law in New India-Building Aatm Nirbhar Bharat
The applicant must be a student as on October 1, 2021, pursuing UG or PG course in Law, Economics, Management and Regulatory Governance in any recognised university in India.
Employees of the Competition Commission of India, the Director General’s Office, or the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India are not eligible to participate in this competition are not eiligible.
By the deadline, all Essay Competition entries must be submitted in both word and PDF format.
Essay length should not exceed 3000 words, including footnotes. Although there is no minimum word count, competitors are urged to submit essays that are at least 1500 words long.
Format of the Essay:
- Typed on A4 size.
- Font size shall be 12 points (English) in Times New Roman
- The space between the two lines should be 1.5
- Margins of one inch (2.54 cm) on all the four sides
Citations: Participants may use any recognised style of referencing/footnoting system and this must be used consistently & uniformly throughout the Essay.
Where to submit?
- Participants must submit their entries by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30, 2021, with entry forms officially supplied by their respective educational institutions (1800 hrs) [EXTENDED]. To receive notified of a deadline extension, please click here.
- Written essay in English (both word and pdf formats) (NO SCAN). In the body of the essay, candidates will make no reference of their names or any other identifying information.
- Entries submitted in hard copies and not in the approved format will be summarily rejected without notice, and the Commission will not entertain any queries, letters, representations, or other communications relating to such entries under any circumstances.
- “CCI Essay Competition 2021-2022” must be the subject of such an email. Entries must be forwarded directly by the participant and not through any other person to the above-mentioned address. All of the fields on the entry form must be completed.
- For the competition, only original essays will be considered. Essays that have previously been published will be rejected outright. Plagiarism of any kind will result in the essay being disqualified.
Price Category Prizes
First – One 50,000
Second – One 25,000
Third – One 15,000
Consolation – Two 2 x 5,000