GNLU in association with SIPRI (Stockholm International Peace Research Institute) is organizing an International Essay Writing Competition.
Stockholm International Peace Research Institute is an international institute based in Stockholm. It was founded in 1966 and provides data, analysis and recommendations for armed conflict, military expenditure and arms trade as well as disarmament and arms control.
Contemporary Challenges in Disarmament and Non-Proliferation
- The future of non-proliferation and/or disarmament through hard law and/or soft law.
- Risks posed by rapidly advancing technologies (cyber space, outer space, artificial intelligence) in International Humanitarian Law.
- Prioritizing gender in arms control, disarmament and non-proliferation.
- Age – 17-25 years as of essay submission
- Open to all students from Law and/or Policy backgrounds within India
- Word limit – 2500 words, excluding footnotes
- Only one entry from one participant, previously unpublished work only
- No joint submissions permitted
- Due to zero-tolerance policy for plagiarism, all sources must be cited.
- 1st prices – INR 10000
- 2nd prize – INR 7500
- 3rd prize – INR 5000
- 1st prize winner will get a chance to attend an international event in Europe coordinated by SIPRI or the EU Non-proliferation and Disarmament Consortium (EUNPDC).
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.