About the Organiser
The Department of Law, MM(DU) is established under the aegis of Maharishi Markandeshwar Trust in the year 2008 after due approval of Bar Council of India.
The Department is considered to be one of the best in North India owing to its growth-oriented environment that grooms & develops the students for a professional life.
The Department of Law, MM (DU) is committed to provide quality education in B.A.LL.B 5-years (Integrated Course), BBA.LL.B. (Hons.) 5-years Integrated Course, B.Com.LL.B (Hons.) 5-years Integrated Course and LL.M. (One Year) Course.
About the Competition
The Department of Law in collaboration with Women Study Centre, Maharishi Markandeshwar (Deemed to be University), Mullana is going to organize National Debate Competition on 25th February 2022 on the topic “Is Women Empowerment a Myth?” at 09:30 am in the Department of Law.
Justice H.S. Bhalla (Retd.), Chairman of Haryana State Law Commission and Chairman of Jail Reforms Committee, Haryana has given his concerned to preside over the session.
- Day of the Event: 25.02.2022
- Time of the Event: 09:30 am-1:00 pm
- Venue: Department of Law.
Rules and Regulations for Debate
- A team shall consist of 2 members.
- Any number of teams can participate from a single department/ Institute.
- The medium of debate shall be either completely English or completely Hindi only.
- The participants should carry their University identity cards for the event.
- Each team shall be allotted a number which shall be intimated to them just before the competition.
- Participants are required to prepare their arguments for both (For and Against) the topic.
- It will be decided by draw of lots that which team will speak in favour or against the theme.
- The order of speaking and the opponents shall be also be decided by draw of lots which will be done just before the competition.
- Time limit is allotted in the following manner:
- TEAM SPEAKING FOR THE MOTION 5 MINS
- TEAM SPEAKING AGAINST THE MOTION 5 MINS
- INTERJECTIONS/ARGUMENTS 2 MINS
- The first bell for both the teams will ring after the completion of 3 minutes, the next bell will ring after the completion of 5th minute and the final bell will ring after the completion of 2 minutes reserved for interjections/ arguments.
- Time of 5 minutes shall be availed equally by both the members of the teams speaking for/ against the motion.
- After the speeches of both the teams, the speakers shall be open to answer the questions raised by the judges as well as their opponent. A maximum of 3 questions is allowed from the opponent team. Cross-questioning is not allowed.
- The participants will be graded on the following parameters:
- MATTER (CONTENT) 10
- MANNER (CONFIDENCE & ARTICULATION) 10
- METHOD (STRUCTURE OF THE SPEECH & PRESENTATION) 10
- INTERJECTIONS/ ARGUMENTS 10
- Participants will be awarded aggregate marks for interjections in case no questions are asked to them.
- Two best teams will qualify for the Final round which will be held on the same day.
- Decision of the judges will be final.
Students willing to take part can register their names latest by 24th February, 2022.
Under Graduate and Post Graduate students from any course.
Venue: Department of Law, MM(DU), Mullana, Ambala
- Students willing to take part can register their names latest by 24th February, 2022.
- Registration Fees: 250/- Rupees per team.
- Registration link is available here.
Name of Bank: Punjab National Bank
Branch Details: MM University, Mullana
Account Number: 51821131000790
Beneficiary Name: MMDU
IFSC Code: PUNB0518210
The following prizes will be awarded:
- Winners: Cash price of 1100/- along with Certificate of Merit and Memento.
- Certificate and Memento for:
- Runner up team
- Best Speaker for the motion
- Best Speaker against the motion
- Participation Certificates to all Participants.
Feb 24, 2022
- Faculty Coordinators
Mr. S.P Saini (9416555466)
Mr. Manish Yadav (9996009577)
Ms. Kunjana Mittal (7015509087)
- Student Coordinators
Muskan Sharma (9041188777)
Uday Pratap (9728312600)
Vishant Saini (9354813102)
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.