About the Organiser
The National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS) was established by Act 27 of 2005 of the Kerala State Legislature. By the same Act, the National Institute for Advanced Legal Studies (NIALS) established by the Bar Council of Kerala Trust in 2002 merged with the NUALS.
In 2008, an amendment streamlined the powers and functions of the authorities of the University and ensured the active involvement of the Government of Kerala.
About the Seminar
Research is an endeavor to discover the truth. It is a careful investigation and inquiry with an endeavor to find relevant facts, which will be useful in the future.
The purpose behind conducting research is to find solutions to a fundamental problem. If we have a quality research outcome, then it might lead to further improvements in society, directly or indirectly.
The basic aim and purpose of conducting research is to inculcate original thinking and analysis, but extensive copying and plagiarism counter such purpose. There is no shortcut to truth. Academic research is the foundation of innovative ideas.
Academic research is a tool for building knowledge and facilitating learning. Higher education is preparation for qualified researchers who would continuously develop the frontiers of knowledge.
Quality within this viewpoint is more about research publications and transmission of the academic rigour to do quality research. Not only does plagiarism act as detrimental for the field of scholarship but it has been found that this menace of plagiarism is prevalent among university students.
Thereby affecting them in numerous tangible and intangible ways. Plagiarism is also regarded unethical because when a researcher projects somebody else’s work as his own original work, it might be regarded as a kind of fraud. It hurts the intellectual property right of the original owner, depicts disrespect of the researcher towards his peers and questions the integrity and honesty of the researcher.
Therefore, the current seminar is an effort to enlighten the research scholars on research ethics and publication ethics.
The seminar will provide the scholars with an overview on how to up bring an original research work and to understand the core principles of ethical research. Thereby the participant would strive to become an ethical researcher and produce original quality research work.
The theme of the seminar is ‘Enhancing Research Integrity and Upholding Publication Ethics.’
- Research, Ethics and Academic Honesty
- Ethics in research writing and conflict of interests
- Intellectual honesty
- Academic Integrity: Research Misconduct/Fabrication/Unethical Practices
- Academic/Research: Falsification, Manipulation or Tampering of Data
- Literature Review and Proper Use of E-Resources
- Using Design thinking Methods to Avoid Plagiarism
- Writing Quality Academic Publications: Challenges to avoid plagiarism
- Modes of citation and Acknowledgment
- Introduction to Reference Management Tools (RMT)
- Plagiarism, types and modes to avoid it
- Features and Functionalities of Anti-Plagiarism Software
- Detection of Plagiarism by using Different Online Tools
- Plagiarism Policies, Penalties and Consequences
- Research metrics
- Norms and rules governing prescriptive writing
- Arrangement of content and structure of writing articles
- Art of quoting judgements
- Guide to legal citation
- Citation of resources, articles, journals, reports etc
- Seminar invites faculty members and researchers from Law and related disciplines such as Social Science, Management, and Economics etc. all over the globe to participate and/or present paper.
- Researchers enrolled for LL.M/M.Phil. /Ph.D./PDF in a UGC recognized university/ foreign university/ deemed university/ colleges/ institutes of national importance or ICSSR Research institute can apply for the seminar.
How to Submit?
- Submissions are to be made in electronic form only and are to be sent to the mail id email@example.com
- The paper should be in English, not exceeding 3000-5000 words (including abstract and excluding footnotes).
- The paper shall be submitted on or before 1st March, 2022.
- Co-authorship is permitted to a maximum of two authors.
- In case of co-authorship, each co-author should remit separate registration fee.
- The cover page should include Name, Address, E-mail ID, Contact number and the name of the College/University/Firm along with the address of the author. A brief profile of the author not exceeding 250 words should be attached.
- No part of the submission should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere.
- All contributions must represent original ideas and interpretations coupled with critical evaluation and assessment.
- Any form of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
- Authors of the selected papers will be informed through mail.
- Selected papers will be published in ISBN numbered book, participants will have to fill Form 2 consenting publication along with submission of full paper.
- The mode of seminar is HYBRID.
- The participants can participate and or present papers in virtual mode or in person.
- INR 500 for LL.M/M.Phil. /Ph.D./PDF participants opting for virtual mode.
- INR 1000 for LL.M/M.Phil. /Ph.D./PDF participants opting in person.
- INR 1000 for teachers/others opting for virtual mode.
- INR 1500 for teachers/ others opting in person.
Payment mode will be intimated later.
- Submission of full paper with abstract: 01-03-2022
- Communication of status of full papers: 05-03-2022
- Registration last date: 08-03-2022
- FACULTY ADVISOR
Prof. (Dr.) Mini S.
Director, Centre for Post Graduate Legal Studies
Doctoral Research Scholar, NUALS
Ph. +91 9446276627
- Vidyaprada K.S.
Doctoral Research Scholar, NUALS
Ph. +91 8606934807
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.